Saturday, September 5, 2009

1st Blogoversary


Posted by Picasa

I'm feeling in a reflective mood today. It's my very first Blogoversary! I can't believe a year has gone by so quickly. I had no idea when I started my blog that I'd still be at it a year later. I also could not imagine all of the wonderful friends I would meet along the way. Today is my 344th post! Can you believe that? I thought long and hard about how I wanted to celebrate, and the only way that seemed right for me was to take a walk down memory lane.

My very first post was September 5, 2008. My mom helped me get started. I didn't know what I was doing, but I didn't let that stop me.
My sister Bennette arrived in our yard at the end of September, 2008. I wrote about her hanging out in our garden on September 30th. On October 1st, she literally knocked on our front door and when the door opened, she marched right in like she owned the place. Cheeky from the start.
I didn't get a single comment my first month of blogging. I didn't know about the Cat Blogosphere. On October 7th, we got our very first comment from Dana and the Creek Cats. Within days we learned of Gandalf and Grayson and then we were quickly introduced to the CB!

On November 21st we participated in Fierce Fighter Friday, and we were able to introduce so many of our guardian angels to our new friends.
On December 2nd, Jonesie had her very first installment of "In The Garden with Jonesie", although it wasn't on a Thursday and we called it something else. Jonesie is very proud of her yard and loves sharing it with everyone...virtually that is.
On December 21st, we got a huge surprise with all of the snow we received. We had our very first White Christmas! Most of us got to get our paws in the snow even though we didn't really like it. Grete was the only one who enjoyed it.
On January 16, 2009 we introduced you to "BJ" aka "Mr. Bojangles", who later became known as my brother Nigel. In January he was still hanging out in the cold and wouldn't come close to my mom or dad.
In January I also entered the race for Cat President of the World. I ran a clean campaign, free of hissing or hairballs, but I didn't win. I did end up with a choice appointment as Secretary of Socks.

On the Eve of the Inaugural Ball I received a page that my mom and dad had successfully trapped my brother Nigel! His official Gotcha Day was February 10th, although I didn't post about it until February 11th. That always confuses me. Later, the CB helped us pick out his name.

On March 28th, Grete got her triumphant return to the dog park. After enduring 2 elbow surgeries, she had been through so much. She is now back to being a regular at the park and she has been reunited with her boyfriend Calvin.

On April 19th, I let my first official event as Secretary of Socks, by hosting "Sock It To Me Sunday" in honor of my birthday. My friends Maggy and Zoey had a major paw in this celebration.

On May 19th, my momma Ellie and I celebrated the 3rd anniversary of our Gotcha Day. We celebrated with a commentathon and raised a whole bunch of money for United Paws, the wonderful people who saved me and my momma.

On June 12th, I revealed to the world that I am a food thief. On this day I was stealing asparagus, but I'll steal most anything. I will probably have to post an "oops I ate that" post, admitting to even worse crimes, but something about that doesn't seem right. I think it's the "oops" part. I always do it on purpose.
On July 12th, my momma Ellie helped strip the wallpaper from our kitchen wall. She is such a good helper/snoopervisor.

On August 10th, mom finally put together the memorial movie for our grand poohbess guardian angel cat, Morgan. Mom says she will make more of these until all of our guardian angels have their own movie. It may take awhile, but she says she's going to do it.

And that brings me to September! Thank you for being our friends and taking this walk down memory lane with us. I hope to be blogging with my family for many more years to come.

34 comments:

Jans Funny Farm said...

Happy Blogoversary, Cory. You've had quite an eventful year. Looking forward to the next one.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Wow! That was a lot in your first year! Let's celebrate with some ham!

Samantha & Mom said...

Happy Blogoversary Cory!! We loved your trip down memory lane! And we are so glad to be furiends with you!
Your TX furiends,

Sweet Purrfections said...

Happy 1st Blogoversary! It was an honor to compete with you for the Cat President of the World and to serve on the cabinet with you.

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Happy 1st Blogoversary, Cory! We love your blog and glad that we are furriends.

Karen Jo said...

Happy First Blogoversary, Cory! You had an eventful year. I hope you have very many more.

Chesney Cats said...

Happy 1st Blogoversary!! We just had our blogoversary last month...time sure flies!! We still don't know what we're doing, but we fake it OK.

Reese =^..^= said...

What a year! Congratulations.

Misha said...

It's been an exciting year, Cory! Can't wait to see what happens in the next 12 months!

SeaThreePeeO said...

Happy 1st Blogoversary!

Forever Foster said...

Happy Blogoversary! We have really enjoyed getting to know you, and love visiting your blog. It always brings us smiles:)
Here is to many more years!:)

Anonymous said...

We are so glad we found you and your blog! It sure has been fun hasn't it? We can not wait to see what mischief you get into during the next year!

PS. Hi, Cory! ;-)

Cat with a Garden said...

Happy 1st Blogoversary to all of you.
We look forward to your post every day. So lucky we found you! Keep on being who you are.
Love and noselicks, Siena & Chilli

ZOOLATRY said...

It was a very good year.
And we're happy we got to spend part of it with you! and you, and you, and you, and you, and....
Congratulations one & all.
Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous trip down memory lane ~ we really enjoyed it. Congratulations on a whole year of blogging.

Milo and Alfie xx

The Florida Furkids said...

Happy Blogoversary. What a busy year you've had!!


Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

The Island Cats said...

Happy Blogoversary, Cory! That's a lot for the past year!! And we've enjoyed every post!! We're happy to have you and the rest of your family as our blogging furiends!!

(pee ess. we barely got any comments the first couple months when we started blogging...most were from family...then we found the Cat Blogosphere too!

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

Happy Happy First Blogoversary to all of our wonderful furriends! We can't believe it has been a year either, it really did go quickly! Thanks for sharing your memories with us, and we are so happy that we are furriends!
Hugs, purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam and Simon

Unknown said...

Happy BLOGOVERSARY!! We is so happy yoo is our furiends.

Teena in Toronto said...

It's been quite a year!

Happy blogoversary!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Happt Blogoversary. We enjoyed that walk down memory lane

CCL Wendy said...

Happy Furst Blogoversary! You certainly have come a long way in just a year. Your blog is amazing! Blog on dear furiends!

The Monkeys said...

What a great year, Cory! We wish you many more!

Noir the Texas Tabby said...

Cory--Happy Blogoversary!! What a year!! And I love that picture of you being reflective--plus the one with your Momma! What a wonderful HOME you have!

Purrs,

Noir

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogoversary! Sure had a lot happen in a year! Hope next year is great.

Quill and Greyson said...

Oh Cory and family we have enjoyed every minute. I think we found you when you left comments on the Creek Cats or maybe at Cat with a Garden. We knew from the first time that we should be friends and we were right.

Mom and I love coming over here and reading about you and love that you read about us too. Here's to many more posts to come!

Now go get some asparagus, you deserve it.

Daisy said...

Happy Blogoversary! It sure has been an exciting year!

Ariel said...

Happy 1st Blogoversary Cory.

Anonymous said...

From all of us, Happy 1st Blogoversary! We're glad we got to know you this year.

Jasmim said...

Happy Blogoversary!
You did many things in one year =)

Forty Paws said...

Happy Blogoversary!!! Whoo hoo!

Luf, Us

Robyn and The (Mostly) Badass Cat said...

Happy Blogoversary Cory! What a yeer for yoo. Sooper!
Purrrrrrrrrs,
Alla Us Hotties

The Kitty Krew said...

A belated very Happy Blogoversary, Cory! We're happy to have found you after we started blogging 3 months ago, we've enjoyed our visits here. And appreciated your walk down memory lane, since much of it was new to us! :)

Purrs and hugs,
The Kitty Krew

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Sorry we missed your blogoversary! Happy, happy happy belated one and to many more!!!

Purrs Goldie, Shade and Banshee