Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thursday in the Garden With Jonesie

Hey, did you see my peppers? Aren't they pretty!!!!?

Mom! Did you see my peppers? Thank you mom, yes I know you think I'm prettier than any pepper!
We can pose together! I waited so long for the peppers to turn color that I can hardly stand it I'm so happy!

So now that I can relax about my peppers it's time to pay attention to my pear trees. We have tons of pears this year, but hardly any apples. That's just the way it works sometimes. Last year we had a ton of apples and we pressed apple cider. I miss doing that this year, but we don't have enough apples to do it. Maybe next year. Meanwhile I'm heading to another part of the garden. Since it's the end of summer this week, mom said I can post tomorrow as well since all the food will be going away soon.
Don't forget to visit my friend Alfie Marshall in the garden today. I hope he's back at work since he's been taking such good care of his mom.

19 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

What a lovely peppers. We got hardly any. Can you make pear cider?

Parker said...

Oh Jonsie, you sweet face is way prettier than any pepper!

Forever Foster said...

We were going to say the same thing as your mum! Your peppers are pretty, but you are the prettiest:) You work wonders in your garden.

Anonymous said...

Jonesie ~ yoo must be so proud of them peppers ~ they're great! But yoo are much prettier than them wiv out doubt.

Milo and Alfie xx

The Island Cats said...

Great peppers, Jonesie! Do you have hot peppers too? Our dad likes hot peppers...

The Monkeys said...

Those are beautiful peppers and you look purrfect posing with them, Jonesie! Nice work

The Whiskeratti said...

What lovely peppers, Master Gardener Jonesie. You take such care with your werk.

Cat with a Garden said...

Those peppers got just the right colour. Pawsome job, Jonesie! And we're sure the apple tree just skipped one year to be fruitloaden again next year. Cidre, yummy! What are you going to do with the pears?

The Kitty Krew said...

You should be proud, Jonesie, you've done a great job this summer! But your mom and everycat else is right, you're much prettier. :D

Purrs and hugs,
The Kitty Krew

SeaThreePeeO said...

Those are some terrific looking peppers, if we do say so ourselves!

Jasmim said...

You're doing a great job!

Amy & the house of cats said...

Jonesie I love your Thursday in the Garden posts so much! I look forward to them every week. I am so happy that your peppers changed color - they are very pretty - I especially like the one that is still a bit green (like a racing stripe!) It is too bad that you didn't have a lot of apples this year - maybe you could try pear cider!

Shaggy and Scout said...

What an awesome garden you have!!!
We'd love to come over & spend some time there!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Oh Jonesie!!! Those peppers are wonderful!!! Well worth the wait!! But your Mom is right, you are purrtier than thoe peppers.

Anonymous said...

Purrty peppers alright! mmmm... Mom loves pears! Are you canning them or juicing?

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is a good crop of peppers you have grown Jonesie. Will you make Perry from the pears?

Anonymous said...

Pretty peppers, perky pears. Sounds like the beginning of a song. Your garden is very inspirational.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Those were some good lookin peppers!
I bet they taste really good too.
OH and pears...yum those look delicious.

purrs
Abby

Tuck said...

Peppers and pears -- those are two of Jen's favorites! They both look so yummy!