Friday, April 10, 2009

Furminator Friday

I've been here 2 months now. I am allowing my human mom to pet me and hold me, which makes her very happy. I was having trouble getting stressed out and I started pulling out the fur on my tail. I still have a bald spot and it will take some time for the fur to grow back. My mom and dad were so worried about me they talked to my doctor. They are now sneaking something into my Fancy Feast. I can see her doing it, but it all tastes so good I don't really care. I heard mom say "kitty prozac". I don't know what that means, but it's the reason I'm doing so much better. I'm still not quite ready to leave my safe room full time, but I was let out at night again and I did not pull out anymore tail fur.

I got a surprise the other day when she announced that I was going to be "furminated". I don't know about you, but that sounded kind of scary to me. Should I name him George? Well this "furmination" thing is something awesome. I loved it. Now can someone explain who this other cat is? He doesn't say much and he smells like me....

PS...dad reported that the baby raccoon was moved from the hidey hole in the willow. We suspect there were more babies and the momma was moving them to a new safer spot and we just saw the last one before the move was complete. We are on raccoon watch...

20 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Nigel it sounds like you are settling in. Cory! I had no idea you were just in Portland. I used to be just across the river from you.

The Monkeys said...

We're so happy to hear that you're settling in, Nigel! You look so handsome too. Your 'furmination' made you look super sleek!

Elin said...

You look much handsome!

Pinky Ash and Boo said...

We're glad to hear that you are settling in Nigel. Furmination doesn't sound too bad.

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

You are settling in which is great. Its a nice feeling to be looked after and loved isn,t it.

You look realy sleek and shiney.

Hope you catch site of the other baby raccoons.

Hugs GJ xx

Forever Foster said...

Nigel, we are amazed you have any furs left, with the size of that furball! You will feel much more comfy without all that on you. We are happy to hear that you are feeling better:)

Parker said...

Holy Cats! That's a lot of fur - I bet you feel a lot better!

Sweet Purrfections said...

That's a lot of floof. I'm afraid of my mom getting one of those furminator things. I don't want to lose all of my floof.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nigel, there will be an award for you over at our place tomorrow (Saturday).

Any pics of the baby Raccoons? We'd so like to see them.

Happy Easter!

Quill and Greyson said...

Nigel I'm nervous, Mommy said something like "I have to have one of those" and sprang from the chair... I don't want another cat, even if it smells like me.

The Island Cats said...

Nigel, we hope that stranger identifies himself soon!

The Creek Cats said...

We are so happy to hear the medicine is making you feel more at ease, Nigel.

Wow, that furminator sure does work!! It's great that you are allowing your new mom to brush you!

Daisy said...

Nigel, I am very glad that you are feeling more relaxed now. Sometimes medicines are good!

Anonymous said...

We are glad you are feeling more secure, Nigel. We think you're gonna like it there!

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Ahh....we are glad the Purrzac is working and looks like you have a new kitty furrend, mol! Maybe someone could spin all that fur into a fun cat toy!

Jasmim said...

Glad you are already used to this environment ^^

Jas & Gi

MaoMao said...

Nigel, us Ballicai are so glad you're feelin bettur! And Furminatin sounds innaresting. Us Ballicai sure love our Zoom Groom!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Lux said...

I've heard that Furminator feels really good - glad you liked it! :)

Mr. Hendrix said...

wow! look at you Nigel! totally a handsome House Panther. i think you should name your furball "Mini Me" tee hee hee

mommy plans to get me a Ferminator someday. always "someday" it is amazing so many kitties love it!

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

Adjusting to a new home indoors can be stressful. You are very lucky that your beans are doing so much to make you comfortable. When you get fully settled, you will be so happy. It sounds like you have made amazing progress. That other kitty next to you must have heard how awesome the furminator is, and is waiting for his turn.