Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tabby Tattletale Tuesday-Ginger Celebrates Festivus

A Festivus for the rest of us!  Welcome to "Ginger's First Annual Festivus Celebration".  Traditionally, this holiday is celebrated on December 23rd, but because my mom wouldn't let me, I had to wait.  Sigh.  For those of you unfamiliar with the holiday or the TV show "Seinfeld" (I watch reruns 'cause I'm MUCH too young to remember it from when it originally aired...here is a link about Festivus to help get you up to speed.

One of the essentials is the Festivus Pole.  The pole is made of aluminum, or in my house, an aluminum foil wrapped cat scratcher.

I'm rather proud of it!  It's low maintenance and is in opposition to our highly decorated Christmas Tree...which ::cough:: Nigel has permanently parked himself under and WON'T leave.  ::rolls eyes::

The next essential of the Fesitvus holiday is the "The Airing of Grievances".   I've got lots of them.  Cory and Ellie are a bit shocked as I begin my speech, but I'm saying it anyway.  I'm Ginger after all.

Here are my grievances (in no particular order):

I'm  hissed off because I'm supposed to get blog time EVERY Tuesday no matter what and those darn Tuxie siblings of mine keep taking over.  What's a Tuesday Tabby supposed to think?

I'm hissed off because mom and dad have had time off, therefore breakfast has been running at least 2 hours late EVERY morning this past week.

I'm hissed off because Cory and Ellie...ok and all my other fur siblings are trying to claim all the toys for themselves. 

I'm hissed off because it's been raining and dreary and this is seriously decreasing my yard and deck time.  There are no dry places to sit outside.

And...(proving I do have a big heart) I'm hissed off because there are still way too many homeless kitties in the world still searching for their forever homes.

There...I feel better now.

Now on to the last portion of our celebration, "The Feats of Strength".   The head of our family gets to test her strength against one participant of her choosing.  I don't think there is any question that Ellie is the ruler of the roost, and she chose Figaro!  Festivus is not considered over until the head of the family has been pinned to the ground.

It didn't take Figaro long to do this.  Bennette came by to officiate and declare Festivus officially over!

So kitties and woofies, help us celebrate by airing your grievances!

23 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Is it my turn to air my grievances? I'll be quick: ICHIRO.

Chey

Raymond and Busby said...

Yay! A Festivus for the rest of us! We're hissed off because Mom is "tired" she has a "head cold" and decided to take a rest this week instead of typing our blog for us. Maybe one of us should pin her down?

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Not enough treats or blogging time - hear that, SS?

Mr Puddy said...

What a hissy fit !

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Okay, this post has my human laughing hilariously and I have NO idea why! Can someone explain this to me?

Teddy Westlife said...

I'll just agree with your grievances, Ginger.

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

It's best to get all yoor grievances off yoor chest! We hope yoo feel better now!
We larfed at Chey's grievance!

Our grievance: we are hissed off 'cos dad put anti-flea-stuff on us last night (he does it every month). We NEBER have fles, so why does he do it?

Daisy said...

Festivus is cool! I am hissed off because Harley keeps chasing me all around and being a big pest!

Forever Foster said...

Oh my gosh, you have your own Festivus pole?! That is so cool!

Suey is hissed off because she has to share cuddle time with me and Lishy and can't escape the garden whenever she wants.

Lishy is hissed off because mum keeps brushing out the leaves he carefully arranges in his pantaloons.

Me, I'm too laid back to be hissed off :)

Smooches!
Fui.

The Island Cats said...

Happy Festivus!! We're glad that there's Festivus for the rest of us!!

The Monkeys said...

We're pretty easy to please right now, but I suppose if we're hissed off at something, it would have to be breakfast being served later than usual while Mommy is off. She should set her alarm!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Ahem, Ginger... May we suggest that a better name for this particular festival might be "GrouchiPus"?

Katnip Lounge said...

Hmmmm...we're mad because our HOTS are gone!

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

WOW!!!!! What a great toy!!! Have fun with it!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Now that was a lot of hissing going on!

Amy & the house of cats said...

hi Ginger! We love your festivus post! We have so many grievances, but mainly we are hissed off because mom won't let us play with the tree in any way. And, like you, we are hissed off that so many animals still need good forever homes!!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Ditto on the animals needing homes.

We are also hissed off at all the nasty people that hurt animals.

And we are hissed off cause Meowm has to work and can't spend all her time with us!

Whew! We feel better having aired those grievances!

Anonymous said...

Festivus sounds like lots of FUN!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We are hissed off because first it was snow and now it is rain, and there are mousies out in the fields waiting for us and mum won't take us out there.

Mariodacat said...

There - dat said - do you feel better now? That was a lot of weight you were carrying around pal.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Ginger
We are glad you were able to get that all off your chest!
MOL!!!

purrin
xoxox

Quill and Greyson said...

This is fantastic Ginger!! I have so many grievances it could take days!!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

The Festivus Post was pure genius!

I bet it was Grete's idea!

As fur grievances...my signature will say it all -

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra The Snowless Siberian
PeeEssWoo: Hi Grete!