Friday, May 22, 2009

Forgetful Friday- Grete's Belated Gotcha Day

You'd think it's bad enough that I have to live with 8 cats. Then I ended up being adopted on May 21st. That's a whole year plus 1 day ago. Do you think my family had that important date on their radar? No!

First it was Madison's birthday, then Ellie's birthday then Ellie and Cory had their gotcha day...and then...oops! Wasn't Grete gotcha'd sometime around this time last year? Check the calendar...oh yes, there it is. Yes. Forgotten. Long after mom helped Jonesie with her post yesterday, I was an afterthought. Below is a picture on my gotcha day...all full of hope, no awareness of the hierarchy that faced me. Low girl on the totem pole. Second fiddle to a bunch of cats. Make that 9th fiddle.
Now I must resort to sticking my nose in the camera to get noticed (as long as that flashy thing isn't on). What's a girl gotta do to get some attention around here?


It's been an interesting year. A year ago I got pulled out of a concrete kennel by this nice person. I was given the once over, I gave the woman a little lick and then they let me jump in their car. I had no idea where I was going. All I knew is it was out of that concrete place where all the dogs barked. I like it here...and I admit I like my kitty family a whole lot. Especially Cory. I like licking her.
***mom here!***
One year ago today I was at work looking at petfinder.com, continuing the daily search for that special someone since we had been dog-less since Colby left for the Bridge in March 2008. Every day it was pretty much the same thing, lots of dogs, lots of stories, but no one spoke to me. Then I saw Grete, who was known then as Gracie. Just like with Ellie, I picked up the phone within 30 seconds. I knew we had to act quickly because she was at the county pound and they don't place holds over the phone. We both took the rest of the day off work and dashed off to meet her. It was love at first sight. It's been a year of many challenges...2 elbow surgeries, a spay surgery, adjusting to 8 cats, learning to get through her rescue issues and for us learning how to communicate with her and understanding how she communicates with the movement of her magnificent ears. We are just beginning our journey together.
***ok Grete you can have this back***
Thank you to Maggy, Zoey and their human Ann for the fun gotcha day graphic!
PS. Daisy the smart and lovely and curly cat says that the problems with pages not opening and crashing is related to the "follower" widget. We are going to remove it and see if that helps.

23 comments:

Jans Funny Farm said...

Oh, dear, they forgot you? Well, we'll have to sing for you.

Happy gotcha day to you-ooo.
Happy gotcha day to you-ooo.
Happy gotcha day, dear Grete-ooo.
Happy gotcha day to you-ooo.

Sorry about the howling but Buddy is a hound.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Happy Gotcha Day! I really think this calls for something big as a celebration, although I understand about forgetful humans...

Quill and Greyson said...

Happy Gotcha Day!!

Motor Home Cats said...

Happy Gotcha day Grete. We hope you get to celebrate all weekend long.

Tavi, Cody, Camie, Miss Jade and Gracie

PDX pride said...

Happy, happy Gotcha Day!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We hope your gotcha day was just great yesterday. And now you can celebrate all over again today! Demand treats - you deserve them.

Milo and Alfie xx

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Happy, Happy Gotcha Day sweet Grete!!!

Hope you have a wonderful day and a super fun weekend!!!!

Great photos of you!

Purrs

Tuck said...

Happy Belated Gotcha Day Grete!! I'm so happy that your family picked you to live in their wonderful home with all the kitties!!

The Creek Cats said...

Great Gotcha story, Grete!! Don't worry my humans forgot my Birthday this year too. I bet if I was a cat....... ~Dixie Dog~

Grete you sure did end up in a fabulous home! We are so glad they gotcha!

Happy Gotcha Day, Grete!

Forever Foster said...

Look at you on your Gotcha Day! What a lovely face. It looks like you know you're in a wonderful happy safe place, and we think that is the best expression possible:)

We were unable to load your comments page in Internet Explorer. We thought it was our computer and tried googling for a fix, and came up with stuff about add ons (usually JavaScript or SiteMeter) causing pages to crash. We didn't really understand it, but thought it might be of use to you.

We have no problems opening the page in Firefox.

Zeus said...

Happy Gotcha Day Grete! We hope your day is filled with lots of love and surprises! Enjoy!

Zeus, Isis, and Ares

The Island Cats said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Grete!!! We're so happy you got gotted!! Have a wonderful day!

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

How could they .. To forget your gotcha day. You are a lovely woofie and no wonder your mum fell in love with you. Who woudn't. You have to be very special to live with so many puss cats too.

Happy Gotcha day..

Hugs GJ xx

Anonymous said...

Happy Gotchaversary, Grete! You and Gandalf have the same Gotcha Day! Woo Hoo!

las794 said...

Happy Gotchaday, Grete! You look like one happy pup. :)

Daisy said...

Oh Grete, you are unforgettable! Happy Gotcha Day to you. The story of how you were gotted is very special.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Happy belated Gotcha Day Grete!!! You really are loved....really!!

Jasmim said...

Happy Gotcha Day ^^

Jas & Gi

Shaggy and Scout said...

Greta Happy Happy Gotcha Day!!!!
You have landed in an excellent home, a home made even more excellent by the presence of all the kittes!

The Florida Furkids said...

Happy Gotcha Day Grete! We're so happy you found your Forever Home!!!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Vicki said...

Happy Gotcha Day! Nice to meet you all. Thanks for visiting my blog. Even tho' look a bit like Ellie, I think my personality is a bit like Jonesie....

Baby Patches said...

Happy Gotcha Day! I is glads to hears dat you likes your kitty family! I hopes they likes you too! You a purrty woofie!

Cat with a Garden said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Grete!
The humans didn't mean to forget about it, we're sure! You look very beautiful in your pictures.
Purrs and noselicks, Siena & Chilli