Friday, May 1, 2009

Finally Friday

Ok, I'm dealing with the reality that the Kitty Fight Club contest is over...I'm not going to the finals and I just have to deal with it. The good news is that my family says I'm the cutest kitten they know. I also have learned that I have many good friends who support me and love me and I appreciate it more than they know. I'm a bit suspicious of my family because I'm just about the only kitten they have known...everyone else came here all grown up. I think that's why they fuss over me so much. Right now, I just want to be left alone to eat my nip.

Everyone is trying to be careful around me...I'm finding nip leaves everywhere I go. I'll be ok, really I will. I'm already preparing for a huge "losers" party with Milo. My mom says that even though we live very far apart, I can go to the party, or we'll make arrangements for Milo to come here. I'm hoping Tama-Chan can come too. Plus there are so many of our good friends like Siena, Sweet Praline, Alfie and Fin who did not make it out of the quarterfinal rounds...we still don't understand how that happened. Couldn't we all win? Anyway, we'll be getting out the niptinis, munching on shrimp cocktails while we watch the finals.

My momma is making sure I'm doing ok...she keeps checking on me, whispering nice things to me.
With my momma by my side I can get through anything...even a bruised ego.


19 comments:

Misha said...

You put up such a great fight, Cory! I've decided that I'm gonna have some special awards for the combatants that didn't make it to the finals, but are still the personification of cute, so keep an eye out for the announcement!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

We worked so hard to get you in there! I am sorry. You were way too cute!!!

Quill and Greyson said...

Yep we need to drown our sorrows in nip. I want to come to your party though. I think we are all darling!

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

You are no loser, not to me!!!

Cliff and Olivia said...

The fights quickly became impossible to decide. So we think the last 20 or so cats were all winners. The fresh nip looks very tempting. Our is still too small :-(

Motor Home Cats said...

Cory, we think you are still cute, even if you didn't win. At least you made it to the almost end. That is very tough with all of the competition you had.

Tavi, Cody, Camie, Miss Jade and Gracie

Forever Foster said...

We couldn't even enter Kitty Fight Club, mum said she couldn't cope! MOL! You have done yourself proud, gorgeous girl. We think every kitty was a winner.

CCL Wendy said...

Cory, I finks dere is a fix put in on dis Kitty Fight Club -- dey made you takes a fall and you didn't efun noes it!

Is more impawtant to be loved and appurreciated -- u r really a winner in dat depawtmint!

Rusty said...

Cory don't forget to come over to my Gotcha Day pawty. We can have so much fun that you'll forget all about the KFC results.

The Creek Cats said...

Sorry about the KFC Cory! It was a tough fight for sure! We think everycat is a winner!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Don't feel bad, Cory! We both did really well in our semi-finals and have nothing to be ashamed of. And, as you rightly say, look at all the gorgeous cats who never even made it that far! We are in great company! Sei-Chan, however, is already sharpening her claws for next year and that kitten knows what she wants!

We'd love to join you for the party tomorrow!

Purrs,
Tama-Chan

Cat with a Garden said...

Oh yes, definitely a party! You can keep your head up high, Cory, that was really very close!
Purrs, Siena

ZOOLATRY said...

Cory, life is good. Life is great. There are no kitty losers... you're all WINNERS to us.

Daisy said...

You are a winner in my book, Cory!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Oh Cory, you will always be a winner in our book!!!

Mickey's Musings said...

Families are the best when you get bad news!!They are always there to look after you. Isn't that great?!!!!!!!!!
You are a winner to us too :)
Purrs Mickey,Georgia & Tillie

Tuck said...

I'll come to your party!! I'm a loser in the KFC too...I didn't make it past the first round...

Sweet Purrfections said...

Oh Cory! It's okay. I'm actually enjoying the ability to sit back and watch all of the other kitties fight it out. All of the baby kitties are winners in my book! I'll definitely come to the party!

The Monkeys said...

Cory, I lost my second round in the Kitty Fight Club and it was pretty hard to deal with. I think you and I should have been in the finals (although the ones that are there are very cute) 'cos you were a VERY cute kitten! You're still VERY cute, actually...

Don't let it get ya down

Samson
xoxo