Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thursday in the Garden with Jonesie


I have been doing a lot of work this week helping mom and dad harvest the veggies and herbs. They depend on me to figure out what is ripe and ready to go. I approved of the basket, and I show how happy I am by taking a nap next to it. Notice how I still keep my eyes open so no introoders can walk off with my prize crop. We have squash, eggplant, peppers and basil.
The garlic is finally ready to go. We dug up all of it at once. I'm an expert digger.

Dad was cleaning up excess stuff in the garden. I like to ride along in the cart, but here you can see I had other pressing tasks so I had to jump off the cart and get back to work.

This past week, my good furriend and garden-cat-in-training, Alfie Marshall, demonstrated how quickly the student can become the master. He showed everyone how to harvest and preserve chives and parsley. I told my mom about it and she was very interested. She promised me that we could give this a try. Here I am trying to pick the best herbs.

The other day, I know Ginger was complaining about me stalking her. I have no idea what she is talking about... I was just minding my own business. She tends to exaggerate quite a bit.
Tomorrow, Cory is planning on showing you what she did with my chives and it's not what you think.

21 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Man you look like a fantastic gardener! What great stuff you have!

Sweet Purrfections said...

You are an excellent gardener! I love how you snoopervise so well.

Cat with a Garden said...

Jonesie, you are such a superb gardener. We don't know what our mom is doing wrong, but despite our big efforts she isn't harvesting much. Maybe it's because we have to keep almost everything in pots...
Purrs, your Gardening Cats Siena & Chilli

Anonymous said...

We are in awe of your garden, Jonesie! Especially Mom. She's thrilled that she hasn't killed our new Red Dogwood while our Grampy has been gone for the summer. She has to keep it alive 2 more weeks! ::paws crossed::

Forever Foster said...

When mum first read Ginger's little biography on your side bar, she laughed for about five minutes. We can certainly imagine her exagerrating!:)

Parker said...

I can't wait to see what you are going to do with the herbs!
ps - yea, you can all comment!

The Island Cats said...

You're doing so good with the harvesting, Jonesie! There's gonna be lots of veggies to eat in your house!

Mouchois said...

You are doing a fantastic job. That's for sure. Heck, if I even tried to garden a cactus it would die! Lol

The Florida Furkids said...

You're the purrfect snoopervisor for the garden! We're looking forward to hearing what Cory did with the chives!!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

SeaThreePeeO said...

Looks like you've been hard at work again. What a bumper crop!

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

Jonesie, you are such a great gardener. We are really looking forward to see what Corey did with your chives.

Amy & the house of cats said...

Wow you have a great crop - that shows what a wonderful gardner you are! And I can't wait to hear about the chives and what Cory did with them!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

We love days in the garden with you Jonesie!

We gave you all an award!!!

Daisy said...

You sure have a bountiful harvest!

Jasmim said...

You're doing a great job!

The Kitty Krew said...

Wow, you got so much done!! You're a great gardener, Jonesie. Lots to eat all fall and winter long!

Purrs and hugs,
The Kitty Krew

Reese =^..^= said...

You are such a hard worker!

CCL Wendy said...

Jonesie, I am so impurressed with all the bounty you have reaped from your hard work all summer. You are helping to feed your entire family -- what would they efur do without you? Ginger just seems a little lazy to me -- she likes to roll around in the dirt. She is very beautiful, though, as are you! Your tail is just magnificent, Jonesie!

Tuck said...

Jonesie, you sure do have a great job! And you are so good at it!

Quill and Greyson said...

Mom is longing for a little garden. I suspect, even if I try to be a Jr Gardner, she will kill everything.

Anonymous said...

Jonesie, I am saw impressed wiv your produce. I only growed herbs this year 'cos I was a late starter ~ but maybe next year ...

Alfie Marshall xx