Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thursday in the Garden with Jonesie and Friends

I am seriously not amused. I work long and hard hours in the garden, snoopervising almost non-stop to make sure everything is as it should be. Whatever that means. Mom even saw me chasing off "Mr. Blue Eyes" who came over for a visit from the apartments. It is my garden afterall.
My corn is getting really close to being ready. The ears are still small, but they are forming and I can almost taste the butter now.

But as I'm working to make sure my corn is nice and safe...guess who is lurking...playing in my corn field? My pesky sisters Bennette and Ginger. No respect. You might have to biggify, but they are both in there.
I was hoping that they might get lost in there, like a corn maze for kitties where they never find their way out...but mom and dad didn't plant enough corn this year.

Ginger and her belly...she just can't stop rolling and exposing herself.

And Bennette thinks that looking adorable is somehow helpful. Nope.

I have one final bone to pick with my gossip sister Ginger. She reported a few weeks ago that my yellow and red peppers were somehow defective and that they would...never change color. She denies saying this but I have proof. Well friends, what do you see by my floofy tail?

Yup, a yellow pepper!
Don't forget to see what's up in Alfie Marshall's, garden-cat-in-training, garden!

21 comments:

Misha said...

I think you need to give those girls a good meowing to.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Wow! You have a great garden even if your helpers are not that helpful.

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

You are doing very well. Sisters are never all that helpful even though your make it up by their cuteness.

Reese =^..^= said...

I don't mean to dispute your great gardening tips, but I think looking cute does help.

Anonymous said...

WOW! That yellow pepper is fantastic ~ I dream of growing things that nice!
Siblings can be so annoying can't they? Milo was lounging around while me and the grandbean was hard at it clearing the garden. :sigh:

Alfie Marshall xx

Forever Foster said...

You even have your own cornfield?! Your garden is like paradise, Jonesie. Can we move in with you?

The Island Cats said...

Maybe you should put those two to work, Cory...your garden is big enough, you may need some extra help snoopervising...

Anonymous said...

We knew your peppers would change colors! Hooray! We wuz wonderin... maybe you need to get an askeery Scarecrow to keep "undesirables" out of your garden, Jonesie.

PS. Hi, Cory! ;-)

The Florida Furkids said...

You do a great job snoopervising the garden. Maybe your sisfurs just want to give you some rest?


Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

The Monkeys said...

Your garden is looking fabulous, Jonesie!

CCL Wendy said...

Imagine having STALKERS in your corn patch, Jonesie! Harrumph! Other than the introoders, your corn looks wonderful. But then you are a MASTER after all.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Your garden is doing well Jonesie. We are glad your peppers have started ripening.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Jonesie
Paws down yoo r a fabulous master garderner!

purrrs
Abby

Daisy said...

Now I see why "pest control" is an important part of gardening! (heehee)

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

We think you all look lovely out there in the garden. You are doing a great job Jonesie!!!

Amy & the house of cats said...

First it is great that your peppers are changing - I am not surprised, it just takes a while sometimes. And as for your sisters - well, maybe they want to hang out in the garden because they want to be with you, or be like you. Nah, it is probably just because they like to pester you!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Good werk Jonesie! Our corn went in late an The Big Thing only got a few ears 4 inches long... An he never got the peppers in AT ALL! Lots of tamaters and cukes though. We will jus hafta snoopervise him ourselfs nex year!

ZOOLATRY said...

Our ZH will be happy to make your "peppers" any color you want them to be! Stripes maybe, polka dots are nice...

Jans Funny Farm said...

Don't let Jan near your garden. She's a killer of anything green or flowery.

Ellen Whyte said...

Meow what a great garden you have!

Anonymous said...

All kinds of good things are in your garden -- both plant life and feline!