Friday, August 21, 2009

Mom's Little Helper

I'm being a good little helper in the kitchen today. I like hanging out on the counter.
Mom is prepping for preserving Jonesie's chive harvest. She won't let me do the chopping because I might cut my paws. I don't understand. I've done a thorough job cleaning my claws. I was thinking I could try and shred them and save her all kinds of work.

Mom stuck the chives in little cups and added a bit of water and then she froze them. They came out in little chive-cicle blocks.

Then she vaccuum sealed them so they won't get all gross in the freezer. I was brave because this machine made all sorts of scary noises, but I never left mom's side. And another thing I did not do...steal the chives and play with them. Chives aren't much fun. They don't roll or go splat when you whap them.
Mom said that I can post about this again in the winter when we pull these out of the freezer and add them to whatever we are cooking. I hope she doesnt' forget!
Meanwhile, I'm not at all pleased that my sister Ginger, the gossip, has started a poll about my interest in certain mancat blogs...I can't tell her anything without the whole world knowing. Not that I told her anything.

21 comments:

The Monkeys said...

You're such an adorable little helper, Cory! Your picture with the chive-cicle is priceless!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Wow! You are a good helper. I bet my human wishes she had a helper like you!

Misha said...

I'm surprised you didn't nom on them!

The Florida Furkids said...

We're askeered of the suckey monster that Mom uses when she freezes stuff. You're furry brave!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Parker said...

Does she make 'nip-cicles too?

The Island Cats said...

What a good idea your mom has there! And you did a good job helping, Cory, even though we think your claws coulda shredded those chives real good!!!

The Creek Cats said...

Cory, you're the greatest little helper!

SeaThreePeeO said...

You're such a good helper, especially since that machine make all sorts of scary noises!

Forever Foster said...

You know, our mum never takes us up on our offers of help, either. Mums are odd.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Cory
I think you are right. You would have saved your Mom all kinds of time if she had let you claw her chives up for her...and you are bestest little helper!

purrs
Abby

The Kitty Krew said...

You did great to help, Cory, even if your mom wouldn't let you claw the chives. At least you didn't have to clean your claws again that way (more time for naps!).

We know Ginger was mean to spill the beans about your mancat-crush...but we think it's kind of cute. ;)

Purrs and hugs,
The Kitty Krew

Jasmim said...

You're a good kitty =)

CCL Wendy said...

Cory, what a good girl you are for not stealing the chives and eating them (even if they aren't fun to play with)! I know you have a penchant for greens.

Don't be too hard on Ginger -- she was only being a good reporter!

Amy & the house of cats said...

You are a good helper Cory! And don't worry about Ginger and her poll - it isn't like she knows who you are really looking at. And I agree that it is cute that you have a kitty crush!

We can't wait to see how the chives work out in the future - we woudl love to know if they worked like fresh ones!

Jans Funny Farm said...

Ah, siblings, they can sure tattle. But we love them anyway.

Reese =^..^= said...

What a great helper you are!

Daisy said...

Every Gardening Cat needs a Kitchen Helper!

Mickey's Musings said...

Cory the Kitchen Kitty !!!! ;)
Your Mom is lucky to have your help!!
As for Ginger...siblings can be a pain sometimes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heehee
Purrs Mickey,Georgia & Tillie

Anonymous said...

Cory, we think yoo are a great helper ~ a Kitchen Consultant, no less! And we love the frozen chive tubs.

Milo and Alfie xx

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

All good cooks need helpers! One's that stay out of the way are nice too.

BabyPop said...

Cory you are a great helper so nice of your mom to insure your saftey so you don't cut your paws.