Sunday, March 8, 2009

Easy Like Sunday Morning- The Art of Burrowing

Today I am going to share with you one of my super secret skills, the fine art of burrowing. Before you get started, it's best to make sure that no one is watching you. Once that is out of the way you can start by sticking your nose under the blankie. Pay no attention to the woman with the cameraKeep pushing until your head is completely covered.

I'm really good at this You might think that this is all you need to do because now you won't see the rest of the world, but they can still see you. Don't be fooled.

Don't try this at home, I'm a trained professional Keep burrowing until you are covered up to your neck.

Oh, ok go ahead and give it a try Your shoulders and first half of your body come next.

Hey, who turned out the lights?Before you know it, you're in! But don't get too excited, there still something left!

This part is tricky Make sure even the very little tip of your tail is all tucked in, otherwise you will be discovered.

Cory, where are you?There, this is how it's done. All covered up. There should be a search party for me in a little while, but until then, I'm going to have the best Sunday snooze ever!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

These tips are very useful - Alfie and I are gonna try burrowing later today. Is there a risk we'll be sat on though? (aksidentully of course!)

Forever Foster said...

Hi Cory! I am very glad for your lesson in burrowing. I usually stop when my head is under the blanket. I was tricked by the "I can't see you so you can't see me" principle!
-Suey.

Cat with a Garden said...

Did Nigel choose the song for today? Ceeeciiilia!
Burrowing is great! Chilli introduced that to me and now we always do it together in mom's bed.
Purrs, Siena

The Florida Furkids said...

Thanks for those great tips. We often forget that last step!!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

The Island Cats said...

Cory...I love to burrow! I learned a few tips from you so I'm gonna go practice now!

Ernie

Parker said...

Cary, you are very good at burrowing - and that blankie looks so soft and comfy! Enjoy!

ZOOLATRY said...

That looks like the best burrowing blankie in the world, like velvet.

Shelly said...

Cory,

My kitties love to burrow. Just make sure that your mommy or daddy doesn't accidently sit on you!

Mickey's Musings said...

Cory,that is a great lesson!! My sisfur Georgia loves to do that too!!!
Have a good snooze in your hiding spot!!!
Purrs Mickey

Daisy said...

Cory, that's a great skill! I do not know how to burrow. I usually go to the edge of the blanket and scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch until my Mommie gets irritated and lifts it up for me.

Tuck said...

You do that very well Cory! And at least your humans have the decency to leave you be while you are burrowed. Mine pull up the covers to use the flashy box on me. No respect!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I am not a big fan of burrowing but Gemini likes to sometimes. You are very good.

The Monkeys said...

Cory, you're a pro! Thank you for these very helpful tips. I always leave my tail out and think no one can see me but, thanks to you, I will tuck it in next time!

Samson

Quill and Greyson said...

Oh Cory I took notes, I think it was the wait till no one is looking that has failed me in the past.

Daddy is felling better today!

Mr. Black said...

Good tips! Elvis Pussley has a soft blanket like that (more of an olive green color, though) and he only lays on top of it. I'll tell him to check out your instructions.

Anonymous said...

Cory, you did that brilliantly! We are not much for burrowing. We both like to have a blanket folded at the end of the bed and then we lie on top of it, half on/half off. Occasionally, Grayson will go under the quilt near the pillows, but not very often. It's usually very hot here.

Anonymous said...

Now all you have to do is make sure they don't sit on you! hahaha OWIE!
V-V

Us4 Cats said...

mission accomplished! great job.

maw sometimes tinks if her glasses are off no one can see her cuz she cannot see them; kinda the same reasoning as head burrowing.

Cliff and Olivia said...

Great tutorial. I like to make a little opening so I can look out (without being visible from the outside of course).

jennifer lorton said...

Wow, excellent hiding, and thanks so much for the tutorial, I know we all learned a little something from that! Thanks. I'm so glad the decided to participate in the hiding event, I just wish you'd told me before I brought out the cat nip.