Thursday, December 15, 2011

Society of Feline Gardeners- Thursday in the House with Jonesie


::Meowww::

Well, I'm still not spending any time in my garden.  The days are short and it's really cold outside.  I'm not allowed outside in the dark, so that means I'm spending a whole lot of hours on the inside looking out.   This is an old picture of me from last month when I was still harvesting veggies.   I'm sitting by the beet patch because mom is planning on making a roasted beet salad for Christmas Eve. 

So, as far as the inside of the house goes...I've been saved by my Grete woofie who brought the outdoors inside with our wonderful tree.  We decorated it, so I thought I'd show you a few of my favorite ornaments.  Below is a spider web which reminds me of my furriends the spiders.  Next to it is the "Kitten's First Christmas" ornament from 1996 when Madison was a baby.

Here is a better picture of Kitty Cucumber.  All of us kitties adore her.

The kitten in a box is our "Lewis" ornament because it reminds us of our brother Lewis.

Hope you are enjoying your gardens, whether it's watching it through the window or sitting by the Christmas Tree.

18 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Your tree has a couple of the same ornaments that we have! Of course, MY human has not brought out the tree just yet. I think this warrants a complaint to the authorities.

Whisppy said...

Okay, kitty cucumber looks pretty but why cucumber? Hmmm.

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

Yoor tree ornaments are really beautiful ~ we especilly like the Lewis-look-alikey one.

Mom hasn't helped me wiv my post yet ~ and she's now gone to werk. So Thursday morning gardening might hafta be Thursday evening. :sigh:

Love Alfie xx

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

I have never been fond of dressed kitty orniments, but I love kitty cucumber! Very nice 'indoor garden tree'!

Mariodacat said...

OMC - we has a spider ornament too. You have some pretty ornaments. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Alasandra, The Cats and Dogs said...

Love the kitty cucumber and the cat in the box. It is going to be 74 degrees here today so come over and enjoy our garden.

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

My post is up now! xx

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

Kitten's first Christmas?!?!? oh how I wish I had a bunch of those.. just too precious.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Thanks for showing us your ornaments. Jonesie! They're beautiful!

Purrs,
The Chans

Purrfect Haven said...

we still oved your pictures. We only go out first thing before Mrs H goes off to work.. and even then we try to come in quickly... we like the underfloor heating too much! Darcy and Bingley XXX

Callie (a.k.a. Trouble) said...

Most of our ornaments are of cats also. However, since I am still a rather "active" almost kitten (I think that is the nice way Mommie puts it) she just put up a small one foot tree this year. Still didn't stop me from breaking a couple of items, but she tried.

The Island Cats said...

We enjoyed seeing your ornaments, Jonesie!!

Raymond and Busby said...

That Grete is an exceptional woofie! We love your tree.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Such nice decorations!

Ellen Whyte said...

You have a great tree, there. Hey, can we come over and climb it? Pleeeeeeeeeeease???

Anonymous said...

We love your tree decorations!

GLOGIRLY said...

Looks like you have a garden inside! Such a beautiful tree and wonderful ornaments. : )
xo Katie

Quill and Greyson said...

Ah Cory and family thanks for the kind words and you know Mom won't be able to stay away from here... She has such a huge crush on Figgy and loves your blog. You're one of our best chums.

We will still be plenty in touch even if we don't always comment.

Purrs to you!