Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday Acatemy Awards- Guy Noir, Mystery Man

The scene opens to find our heroine Miss Ellie looking longingly under the door to the private room.
Ellie: I know he's in there, I can see him, I can smell him!
The mystery mancat behind the door seems oblivious to her interest.
Giving up for the moment, Miss Ellie walks into the living room and jumps on the couch. Once there she finds a soft warm blanket, she settles in and grooms her cream colored fur. Soon she is fast asleep.
Posted by Picasa
Once asleep, Miss Ellie starts to dream.
Begin Dream Scene:
Ellie: I've been watching you from my window out in the yard for what seems like a lifetime.
Mystery Mancat: I know, I've been watching you too, admiring your fluffy beauty from afar.
Ellie: You know...I must tell you. I have a child.
Mystery Mancat: I don't want to be tied down, but for you, I'll think about it.
Ellie: As much as I want a man in my life just for me, my little girl needs a father. Oh here she comes!
Cory: Momma, is this my new daddy?
Cory (to the mystery mancat): Pappa?
Mystery Mancat: Not so fast kid, your mom and I are just getting to know each other...but you sure are a cute little squirt...you look like me!
Ellie: Let's hang out, maybe I can wash your ears?
Mystery Mancat: Ok!
Ellie: I forgot to ask, what is your name?
Mystery Mancat: Nigel
Ellie: What a nice name for such a handsome guy. (Ellie proceeds to make slow blinky eyes at Nigel and he blinks back)
**********************
Ellie awakes to find herself on the couch and realizes she is all alone. She hops off the couch and saunters down the hall. She goes back to the door and sniffs. She walks away with a sigh as she joins her daughter Cory for a tongue bath in the hallway.
The light fades into darkness.
The story is just beginning.

16 comments:

Cat with a Garden said...

What a blockbuster! That romance! Siiiiigh...
Welcome to the big screen, Nigel!

Cliff and Olivia said...

A romance. How intriguing! We have a video done but the man have yet to do the background music!

Forever Foster said...

Is there some love in the air at your house, Miss Ellie, or is that just wishful thinking? :) Concatulations on your new name, Nigel! Wear it with pride:)

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Bravo,bravo!!!!

Encore, encore!!!

So touching. I think Banshee had to wipe away a tear there.

Well done Ellie and Nigel!!!!

Purrs Goldie

The Florida Furkids said...

Nigel! You told Ellie your name! Yippeee!!! What a lovely story - we have misty eyes after reading such a beautiful story!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

ZOOLATRY said...

Lights, music, curtain, applause! And with NIGEL, the newest cast member honored with the starring role...
Cheers to all!

The Island Cats said...

Wow, a romance movie...the best kind...we enjoyed that...we wanna buy the DVD...

And welcome, Nigel...that was a great way to learn your name!!

Anonymous said...

We keep having trouble leaving comments; the word verification device keeps telling us "loading" but never actually loads!

We hope this posts:

A fabulous Romance! Bravo! Encore! Pawsome! Is there a sequel?

Quill and Greyson said...

What a pawsome romance!! I can't wait to see what happens next. Nigel and Ellie sittin in a tree....

I see a little gold man in your future!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Very nice very nice.

Daisy said...

Ah, it seems there is more to the mysterious Nigel than meets the eye!

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

Bravo! What a lovely scene. Nigel is a perfect name too!

The Creek Cats said...

Loved it! Your screenplay was wonderful!
I smell an Acatamy Award in your future!

Parker said...

Oh that was wonderful! ::Clap Clap Clap:: I'm all leaky now! I love the name Nigel, it's perfect!

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Oh, what a purrfect movie, old fashioned and romantic! A winner for sure!
Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Concatulations on winning an Acatemy Award! We won one too - we've posted our acceptance speech today on our bloggie!