Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year and Happy GotchaBirthday Cecilia!


Hi there!  I'm so happy you are here today to help me celebrate!  On January 1, 2008 I first set paw into my forever home.   I had been hanging out in the garden and was brave enough to come on the deck, but it took me a few days to get my courage up to come inside.
 
Where it was warm.  There was food.  
 
I was sick and I needed medicine.  I had an upper respiratory infection.  I was a mess.  But I was cute.
 
Some of you already know my story.  I was supposed to get all better and then get "fostered" until a permanent home was found.  Mom even found a nice person at work that was interested in adopting me.  But...fate stepped in.  I developed asthma and mom didn't want to place me until I was healthy.
 
You know how it goes.  It took sufficient amount of time for my recovery...timed perfectly with how long it takes for attachments and bonds and love to grow.
 
 
And here I still am.   Since the weather warmed up I've been celebrating with some nice rolls in the dirt.  I love it!


21 comments:

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

A happy and wonderful New Year to you all! May 2014 be better than 2013 in all ways!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Happy Gotcha Day Cecelia! And Happy New Year to you too!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

A Happy New Year to all of you, Dear Friends! And special Gotcha Day wishes to sweet Cecilia!

Purrs,
The Chans

Fuzzy Tales said...

Happy GotchaBirthday, Cecilia, and a very happy new year to you all. May 2014 be kind and generous in all ways. :-)

Brian's Home Blog said...

Happy Gotcha Day and Birthday sweet Cecilia! From all our hearts right to your door, we wish you the best for two oh one four!

Cats Herd You said...

Happy gotcha day, Cecelia and happy new year to you all!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Happy Gotcha Day Cecilia!!!!!

Sounds as if you are one smart cookie. You picked a great family.

Jacqueline said...

Happy Birthday/Gotcha Day, gorgeous Cecilia!...We are so happy you found such a loving home, sweetheart...We hope you all enjoy great health, wonderful joys and unconditional love throughout 2014 and beyond!...Happy New Year, dear friends...xoxo...J, Calle, Halle, Sukki, Mommy Cat, Daddy Cat

Terri said...

...and what a wonderful home you found, Cecilia! Happy Gotcha Day! Here's hoping for a wonderful 2014 :)

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

A very happy Gotcha Day Cecilia! And a very very Happy New year to efurryone!!!

Saku said...

Happy Gotcha Day Cecelia! We hopes you have a wonderful day full of scritches and lubbing.

Happy New Year to your fur and bean family too!

Sasha, Sami, & Saku (& Mom Eileen)

Quill and Greyson said...

Happy Gotcha Day to you Cecilia!!!

Happy New Year to all of you from all of us!!

The Island Cats said...

Happy Gotcha/Birthday, Cecilia! And Happy New Year to you all! oxoxox

meowmeowmans said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Cecilia! :)

And Happy New Year, sweet friends. We hope your 2014 is filled with much joy, laughter and love.

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Happy gotcha day, Cecilia, and happy 2014!

Kitties Blue said...

Concatulations on your Gotcha Day. Those are always the purrfect time for a celebration. We are happy that you got to keep the home you selected for yourself. Happy New Year to as well. Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Lisbeth, Astrid and Calista Jo

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Happy Gotcha day Cecilia!
Happy New Year to all of you.

rainbow said...

Happy GotchaBirthday, Cecilia - you certainly chose a wonderful forever home.
A Happy New Year to all of you.
Purrs ... Rainbow

The Florida Furkids said...

Happy Gotcha Day Cecilia!!

Happy New Year too!

The Florida Furkids

Texas, a Cat in... Austin said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Cecilia! And a Happy New Year to all of you!!
Purrs

Anonymous said...

OMC!!! I almost was horribly late...now I am just fashionably late to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY Cecilia!! My Second Gotcha Day is Jan 3!! Stop by as I am having a GIVE AWAY!!