Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wordy Wednesday

I have been in this room for 3 weeks now. I was starting to warm up to these people, but then they stuffed me in a box and took me to the v-e-t to be neutered. I have not yet forgiven them. They are continuing to try to be nice to me, but I'm still not letting them pet me or come near me.

I understand that Ginger was named after a cookie. Considering the humans around here recently fell to the charms of the Girl Scouts, the cookies around here are Samoas and Do-Si-Dos...can you imagine? I'm glad I'm already called Nigel. Very man-catly. Thank you Cat Blogosphere for helping to vote for my name, otherwise I could now be called Do-Si-Do.

Where am I, who are these people and why are they calling me Nigel?For the past couple of weeks, I come out from behind the couch to eat, use my private litter box and look out the window. I sometimes let them catch a glimpse of me doing these things but only for a few seconds before I jump back behind the couch to my safe hiding place. They have discovered that I have a passion for extra sharp Vermont cheddar cheese. I think I might be able to use this to my advantage.

The cheese has gotten to me a bit since I have just now started to let the humans sit on the couch while I sit on the back. No touching yet, but I don't want them to think that I'm easy. I may be cheesy, but I'm not easy.

13 comments:

Cliff and Olivia said...

Good news Nigel (we wont mention the vet thing). And you've found a new favorite snack. But it's a good thing to take it easy with the humans, they're fragile beings.

Forever Foster said...

Your doing well, Nigel. We bet someday soon you will fully understand how great your family is.

P.S. It's a good thing you avoided Do-Si-Do. Imagine if that was your name, you'd never know if you were being called, or if it was time to dance! Hahaha!

Parker said...

Nigel, you are wise to use the cheese to your advantage. Mommy got teary eyed when she heard the song playing. It was the first song she and Daddy danced to as husband and wife! Someday Nigel, you will know how wonderful that song is!
Thanks for that surprise treat!

The Monkeys said...

It is such great news that Nigel is coming out a bit more. He is such a good-looking mancat!

Tuck said...

I'm so glad that you are starting to warm up to humans Nigel. They really aren't that bad. They wll pet you, kiss you and (my personal favorite) feed you treats!

The Creek Cats said...

Cheese is yummy! Nom nom nom!
We are happy to see you coming around a bit!

Our mom said Samoas are delish!

The Island Cats said...

Nigel...we know it's just a matter of time before you let down your guard with the beans...it took Zoey awhile before she warmed up to our mom...now we think she likes her...maybe it's because mom feeds her all the time?? But Zoey still is a scaredy cat and will run and hide under the furniture....

Daisy said...

Nigel, you are doing great! Hold out for a little more cheese, then I think you can surrender to the love!

The Florida Furkids said...

We're happy to hear you are getting a little more comfy. We know the v-e-t visit was scary, but you should give them another chance.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Nigel you are one very smart cat!

Mr. Black said...

Hi Nigel--
Every kitty has a different time-table. I can see that you are easing your way into your new environment. Good job on "playing it cool".

Quill and Greyson said...

Play it cool Nigel, I would have been called Thin Mintz. Hey that isn't bad... Mintzy.

Anonymous said...

Cheesy is much better than easy... well most of the time.. hehe
V-V