Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thursday in the Garden with Jonesie

Since the garden is kind of drab right now, I thought it would be a good idea to search for some color today. All I could find was orange.

I'm on a mission to find orange things Mom and dad still have been lazy, but it is a big yard so I understand they can't make this a manicured paradise. I have to settle for some weeds and lots of leaves still hanging around. You would think they would actually use this orange wheelbarrow to haul away some stuff.

That feels greatHey, here are some cool orange thingies clinging to a dead branch. I think the orange looks good against the brown of the leaves. I can also use them to scratch an itch.

I'm just hanging out looking cool
I think I'm done for today, the colors of spring are just around the corner. I can hardly wait! There is a rumor by the evil weather people that there may be snow this coming weekend. I hope they are wrong.

20 comments:

Motor Home Cats said...

Jonesie, you look good against the orange. It really sets off your furs.

Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss Jade

Misha said...

And orange goes beautifully with grey, too!

Karen Jo said...

Orange is a good color for you to find, Jonesie. We have some hyacinth and jonquils blooming, so spring is sort of here already.

Forever Foster said...

Jonesie, we're glad to see you. We need your help. Can you come over here and get our mum into gear? We have allegedly unkillable plants in our garden, because of old black thumb. Since dad went away, they have been left to her terrible care. Two of our three potplants are now on their last legs. Mum seems determined to prove they are not unkillable.

Our garden needs your care and attention!

Cat with a Garden said...

Such a big yard must be much work to snoopervise. Luckily I got my mom to do some cleanup in the last two days. I hope Spring comes to you soon!
Purrs, Siena

Barb said...

Jonesie, you can borrow our Grampy. He likes putting colors in the yard. Right now it is still too cold to plant anything new, but our forsythia is blooming! Yaya!

-Gandalf and Grayson

The Monkeys said...

You're right about Spring, Jonesie! Even more colors soon

Gemini and Ichiro said...

What a lovely garden you have.

Daisy said...

I wonder what those orange balls are? Very interesting, Jonesie!

The Creek Cats said...

We agree! The orange and brown are striking!!

Mr. Black said...

Thank you for those nice photos, Jonesie. The orange thingamajigs look interesting. Could be kind of fun to bat them around.

Cliff and Olivia said...

You're right about the orange. We can't wait for spring and flowers either.

Mickey's Musings said...

Jonesie,that orange looks nice against the brown!!
We still have snow,but there are patches where we can see brown leaves too ,heehee
We can't wait for Spring!!!!!
Purrs Mickey,Georgia & Tillie

Tuck said...

Those are beautiful pictures! The orange is very nice, but you must be looking forward to all the colors that will be popping up soon!

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

The orange looks very nice against your beautiful grey fur. Looking forward to more colours popping up in spring.

Sweet Purrfections said...

I love the colors of spring. I can't wait!

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

We've given you an award. Please stop by our blog to bask in the glory.

The Island Cats said...

We think it's cool that you managed to find some color in your drab garden!

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Jonesie, we love your posts in the garden. Great shots of you and the rough. Our yard is very "rustic" too. I would love to see some colour in ours other than white!!!!

Soon, very soon.

Purrs Goldie

Anonymous said...

Orange is a gorjussly cheerful colour! You are a great Head Gardner!