Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Talky Tuesday- 8 Random Things Me-Me


Tristan Tabby Cat Longtail and The Island Cats have tagged me for the 8 Random things me-me.
Here are the Tag Rules:

1. Each player starts with eight random fact/habits about themselves.

2. Kitties who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.

3. A the end of your blogpost, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their name.

4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and to read your blog.

Ok, here I go:

1. All the kitties in my house were homeless/abandoned at some time in their lives, including my momma. The difference with me is that I was only 2 weeks old when it happened so I have no memory of it. My mom says that's why different rules apply to me and that's why I can't go outside...I'm not aware of the outdoor world except looking through the window. I get my world experience surfing the net.

2. In the 2 years since I came to my new home as a teensy kitten, I've experienced seeing 5 kitties off to the Bridge (Jonathan, Noelle, Benjamin, Michelangelo and Lewis) and one very special doggie (Colby). My mom says that has made me sensitive and wise.

3. I nursed until I was 5 months old. I am a bit spoiled. The house rule is no one messes with Cory. I'm the family baby.

4. I love cheese! But even more than cheese I love chicken. Even more than chicken I love Cornish game hens because they look so much like little birdies. I love them so much that once when my mom and dad were eating them I started twitching...I jumped up on the table, they screamed...I chomped my mom's finger and when she pulled away, I stole her 1/2 hen and ran off down the hall and under the bed with my stash. When my dad pulled me out I had the hen hanging from my mouth and all I could say was "gggrrrrrr"....mom and dad were mad but they were laughing.

5. I'm the family spokescat. Everyone likes me and I like everyone. I lived in foster care when I was a baby kitten so I'm used to lots of kitties coming and going.

6. When I am interested in something new, my eyes get REAL BIG while I take it all in.

7. I don't like to be picked up and fussed over. It happens to me anyway.

8. If you google Cory Cat....you get all sorts of hits about tropical fishies! I'm not a fishie, I'm a cat. I was not named after the fishies either. I'm named after Coretta Scott King. Sometimes other kitties goof and refer to me as a boy kitty, but I'm a girl.

Ok, here are the kitties I'd like to tag...apologies to those kitties that have recently been tagged...it's hard to keep it all straight:

Prince from Whimpurrs Whim
Poppy Q
Goldie from Sumac Stories
Abby from Manx Mnews
Fui & Suey from Forever Foster
Sabrina, Sam and Simon The St. Louis Meezers
The Real Cats

I know, it's only 7 bloggies, but it's lots of kitties...I never said I could count!

11 comments:

Forever Foster said...

Hi Cory!
Mum laughed so much at your game hen story that water nearly came out of her nose!
The two of us have done the 8 things meme, but our babies would love to play! Is that ok?

Maggie May said...

Hi Cory!!! Those are 8 very interesting things about you!!! Thanks for tagging us. Maya will be posting his meme very shortly!!
~The Creek Cats~

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

HI Cory!!

Fanks for tagging us...I will hafta to git Momma to help me do this and tell you some random things about myself....and we throughly enjoying learning these facts about you!

Purrs
Abby

The Island Cats said...

Hey Cory! Good meme! We learnt lots of stuff about you! We like that you are the spokescat...that makes you furry important...

pee ess. mom LOL'ed when she read #4...

Tybalt said...

That was great, Cory! And you have a super awesome namesake. Purrs!

Daisy said...

I loved your Cornish game hen story! You are a fun kitty!

Forty Paws said...

Oh my! You've had a lot of poodins and a woofie pass on since you've came along. We are so sorry for all of these losses. You are indeed very sensitive. We don't think we knew you were a girl though. This is good to know. G.T. and Dorf luf shredded sharp cheddar cheese. G.T. lufs chicken. We'll have to try Cornish Hens though.

Luf, Us

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Hahahaha, yoo stole a birdy right off yoor mom's plate? Dat is so cool! Our little Zippy loves cheese, mom buys her dem Kraft Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp White Chedder cheese sticks, den she breaks off little pieces and Zippy eats dem, one stick lasts about a month. She recommends dem highly.

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

I really got to get me a game hen.

Thanks for tagging me! We were tagged before and Banshee is doing that one *all by herself*. So I'll do this one on Mancat Monday!!!!

Purrs Goldie

Everycat said...

These are such good things to know about you Cory. We love the hen snatching story.

Anonymous said...

haha WE iz like everyboddie else, that Hen story was just too cute!!
My sisfur Mushka would do that with dish sponges lol

I am afraid that I was a little confused with your name.. I would be one.. well you look like a puuretty girl, like you has not the manly face, but your name confused Momma and I.. I iz so sorry if I ever offended you, :((
*hangs head*

V-V