Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Take a Walkie Tuesday

Finally, the snow and ice have melted. I watched out the window as it slowly went away. My Grete dog has been recovering now from her last elbow surgery 4 weeks ago. She has been going stir crazy with her healing process, especially when you think that her first surgery was Oct. 1st. She has not been able to cut loose and play for a long time. She knows that there have been many kitties purring for her speedy recovery so she wants everyone to know how she is doing.
Grete: Yay, I can go out for short walkies now! The Dr. didn't want me trying it in the ice and snow so I had to wait until the street was clear! Here we are starting on our walk to Starbucks! I don't really want coffee, but I'm happy to go along and help.

Grete: Here I am waiting patiently for my dad to come out with stuff.


Grete: Do I really have to wear this gentle leader? I promise I'll be good! I can hardly wait until I get to go back to the dog park! It should only be a short wait now, maybe just a couple of more weeks!
Cory: I admit to playing chase in the house with Grete just a few times, but this time her elbow did not swell up.

15 comments:

Forever Foster said...

Hooray Grete! You are looking great! We are very happy to see you out and about.

Mum and Dad got home to a floor covered in Christmas decorations- that'll teach them! Hahahahaha!

(the word verification is 'supanom'. I like the sound of that. Super Nom!!! Nom nom nom nom!!!).

Anonymous said...

Grete, we are so happy to hear you are healing well! We love that last photo of you, even though you have that strappy thingy on your face!

Did we ever tell you that you actually look a lot like a dog Mom use to have? She was actually a small dog, and her name was... are you ready for this?... Gretta. Seriously.

Parker said...

Yea! Grete got to go for a walk!

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Woo Hoo!!!!!!

Lovely to see you out there Grete!!!!!

Purrs Goldie, Shade and Banshee

Quill and Greyson said...

Glad Grete is doing better, I love that photo of you in the window.

The Island Cats said...

Hey, Grete! We're so happy you are doing so good! Just a little more time...and you'll be running again! Yay!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Yeah you got out! Good for you and you are looking good.

Daisy said...

I'm so glad to see Grete is doing so well. You live in walking distance to a Starbucks?!? Whoa! You are lucky.

Unknown said...

Lookin' good, Grete! I am glad you can go for walks now! Do you eat whipped cream at Starbucks? My bean, Rachel, works at Starbucks and loves giving the doggies little treats of whipped cream!
Kiddo

Anonymous said...

It's so wonderful to see you out and about Grete! :))
I think the woofie mask is just so peoples don't get scared-ed, we knows you is a good girl :)))
Miss Cory don't you go too wild with your lovely sisfur:)

V-V

Cafe Cats said...

YaY! We're furry happy that you're feeling better, Grete!

The Creek Cats said...

Grete! We are so so so happy to see you doing so well after the surgeries! You will be running around like Maggie May in no time :)
Ok, our mom is a little jealous that you guys can walk to a Starbucks and have a dog park nearby. We must really live in the boonies :) hahaha

Whimpurr said...

Way to go, Grete! Awwww, it's so nice to see you enjoying a walk again! *kisses*

Motor Home Cats said...

Grete, we hope that you continue to heal as fast as you have. We think its great that you were able to take a nice walk.

Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss Jade

Everycat said...

This is wonderful to see Grete out and about and enjoyng a gentle walk. Two weeks isn't long Grete sweetie, then the fog park will be yours again!

Whicky Wuudler