Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tag Yourself Thursday- 6x6 meme

Here we go with our random 6th folder, 6th picture meme. No one tagged us as far as we can remember, but we didn't want to miss out on the fun. The good thing about having a big family is that we can tag each other! Once we saw the the 6th folder was the "Colby" folder we had to play.

This is a picture of my guardian angel dog Colby. This is a special picture because it was taken in April of 2006. I was only a few weeks old at the time. My mom had recently found my momma on petfinder.com and my mom and dad came to visit us at the foster home, near Tillamook. We couldn't go home yet because my momma was still nursing 6 kittens, so we were visited a couple of times while we waited for all the kittens to be weaned. This was the visit where they decided to take me home too. All of my other brothers and sisters were adopted but no one had adopted me. My mom and dad didn't want to separate me from my momma so that's why we both ended up together forever.

After our visit, my mom and dad found this little beach nearby so Colby could have some fun too, so this picture was taken on the Saturday after they visited me and momma but couldn't take us home yet.

As a bonus, in the same folder is a picture of weensy little me sitting next to my momma at the foster home that same day.

Two weeks later we went home!

15 comments:

Forever Foster said...

We are so happy that you did this meme! We think it is the best one on the whole internet, and tagged everyone when we played. We bet Colby had lots of fun at the beach. What a happy looking dog. And so gorgeous.

You were such a cute little baby, Cory. Your mama looks so proud:)

Parker said...

What a great post. Colby was a very good looking doggie for sure - and your baby photo made Mom SQUEEEEE!
That was a perfect song too!

Maggie May said...

Colby looks like a great Guardian Angel!
You were such a little cutie fluff ball, Cory! Our mommy is going nuts over your baby picture!
~The Creek Cats~

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

Cory, your Angel woofie Colby was a beauty, that's for sure! And your baby picture with your Momma made our Momma go AWWWWWWWW!
Purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam and Simon

The Island Cats said...

Colby was a very handsome fella! We can see why you'd be attached to him. And you were such a cute kit!!!

Cafe Cats said...

What a great story! We have heard so many fun things with everyone doing this meme.

You were such a cute little puddin'!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Colby was a fine looking canine!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, look at kyoot kitten-y you!

Cat with a Garden said...

That is such a fun meme! What a lovely picture and nice story behind it. You really were a tiny little floofball. It's great that your humans took both of you in.
Purrs, Siena

Everycat said...

What a beautiful meme. Colby was a gorgeous dog and what a cute little fuzzy sausage you were Cory. Thank you so much for sharing the story of how you and your Mum came to your forever home. It is a beautiful story.

Whicky Wuudler

Anonymous said...

Ohh Guys we tagged everyboddie because we thought everyboddie should do it, it is just the best meme we haves seen in awhile!! :))
I loved your story about how your bean Momma found you and your fur Momma, and meeting Colby.. I could feel the sand in my paws! :)
I thinks you is the luckiest kitty! Not only for such wonderful bean parents but for being able to stay with your Fur Momma too!! :)
Thankyou for sharing! :)

V-V

Mickey's Musings said...

Look at teeny ,tiny you!!!! Sweet :)
I like that pic of Calby!!! Very nice ;)
Purrs Mickey

Quill and Greyson said...

Oh no I was hoping I would have someone left to tag tomorrow! You look super cute!

The Florida Furkids said...

What a great story. We love the picture of the weensy you next to your Momma!

We're doing the 6 x 6 tomorrow on our blog.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Kimo and Sabi said...

We've been told by da Dewey book publisher, that yer book has been sent to you. Pleeze let us know when you receive it. Fanks!