Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008!

Cory: Can you believe that 2008 is coming to a close? It's been a year of transition. We had to say goodbye to Colby, Mikey, Benjamin and Lewis as they crossed the Bridge. We were so sad that it inspired me to start writing my blog in September. I also got over my fear of singing in front of others and I made my first recording. Looking back, I did my first post on September 5th and we got our first comment on October 7th from Dana and the Creek Cats! I am looking forward to lots of good things next year.

As I look forward to 2009, I'm wondering what my family has in mind for next year.
Bennette: I think we ought to start a girl band!
Ellie: I don't know about a girl band, but I'll be willing to do some background vocals for you, or contribute a track of my own if you put together a CD.
Cory: I can't make up my mind if I want to sing into it or eat it! At least I know the microphone is there at cat level when I feel inspired!
What are other New Years thoughts?
Grete: I want to go back to the dog park and play with my friends.
Cecilia: I want to get Madison to fully share a cat bed with me.
Madison: I want it to be spring.
Jonesie: I want it to be spring and I want to help plant the garden and help the nip grow tall.
Ginger: I want the water faucet to turn on automatically when I show up.
Have a safe and Happy New Year!

16 comments:

Forever Foster said...

Happy New Year to your lovely family! We wish you a wonderful 2009:) We are very happy to have met you, and enjoy reading your blog:)

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

I think you really should think about that girl cat band!!!!! You could be famous!!!

I am wishing for Spring too but I fear it is a loooong way away!

We'll have to just keep on blogging and visiting our friends and the time with fly!!! Hopefully.

Happy New Year to you all!!!!

Purrs Goldie, Shade and Banshee

The Creek Cats said...

Cory, we are so honored to have become friends with all of you this year! We have really enjoyed learning all about you wonderful kitties!
We wish you all health and happiness in the coming year!
Happy New Year!

Parker said...

I think you have great plans for 2009. We won't be sorry to see 2008 go away!
See you next year!
Smoochies!

Quill and Greyson said...

Hey you guys could be the singers in a band I am putting togther. We had too many drummers though (I think the post was called That Racket in Octoberish).

Anyway it's great getting to meet you, and I look forward to more in 2009. Happy New Year!

The Island Cats said...

That's some good thoughts for the new year! We wish you all a Happy New Year and hope 2009 brings you much happiness...and maybe a hit recording for your band???

Unknown said...

Ooh a band! Sounds awesome! I am going to be learning to sing for my new year's resolution.
Happy New Year to you all!
Kiddo

Daisy said...

Happy New Year to you! I cannot wait to see what 2009 brings. Good things, I think!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, an all girl cat band? We could be your gray groupies! hahaha!

We wish you all great happiness, good health, enough wealth and purrfect Peace in 2009!

MaoMao said...

Happy New Year, efurryone! hehe, us Ballicai love the idea of a cat band. I'd love to be in a band beckause I would be furry good at vocals. I love to holler MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO at efurry opportunity! I guess I'd hafta be in a boy band, though, cuz I'm not a gurl.

Brainball agrees with you about wantin the water fawcet to turn on automatickally!

We hope all you sweet kitties and yur fambly have a wunnerful year in 2009.

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Cory we love that picture of you chewing on the cord! Momma just fell out of her chair laffin and laffin...

Happy New Year's Eve!

Purrs
Abby

Whimpurr said...

Happy New Year to you all! *purrs*

Gemini and Ichiro said...

If microphones taste like ham, you should eat them...

catsynth said...

Happy New Year!

Just Ducky said...

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Hahahha Miss Cory that is a funny face! I guess you did not like the recording? :P

We hope the New year is full of health, happiness and love :))

V-V