Thursday, June 20, 2013

Society of Feline Gardeners- Thursday in the Garden with Jonesie

::Meowwww::
 
This is an exciting time in the garden!  I can hardly wait to show you what I've been able to grow for my mom and dad.  When mom comes home at night she is hungry.  Do you know how exciting it is to be able to offer up snacks to the mom who has been providing me with endless supplies of Fancy Feast? 

 
This week, this is what I was able to provide.  I'm so proud I could pop!

 
Mom thought I was super funny when I blew a raspberry at the raspberries!

 
I went back to my bench while mom snacked.

 
But there was more! Cherries on the tree!  Whee! They are super yummy this year.  Cory has not been able to play with them as much because mom has been drying them. 

 
There are still lots on the tree but they are too high up for us to get them safely.  Mom says that this will be my contribution to the raccoons and birdies.
 
 
I love this time of  year.
 

16 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh those berries look good. The latest blueberry bush came with berries but they are not yet ripe, but the strawberries are coming along!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

My human is SO envious right now, Jonesie! She wishes she had a garden cat as capable as you, but even if she did have one, trust me, she couldn't grow anything to save her life.

Barb said...

Oh, what a bountiful harvest! YUM!

The Island Cats said...

Wow, the mom would love to have some berries like that growing in our yard. We'd like them too...but to play with, not to eat. :)

Alasandra, The Cats and Dogs said...

Those raspberries look delicious. The humans have been busy picking blueberries here and Youngest Boy found some blackberries growing wild and picked them. He wants Mommy to make a cobbler when he picks enough. ~Scylla & Socks

Terri said...

Your raspberries and cherries look scrumptious! How nice of you to leave some cherries for the birds and raccoons :)

Mariodacat said...

Mom is drooling over your raspberries. Such a pretty garden too and you keep it very neat and tidy!

meowmeowmans said...

Jonesie, your Mom sure is lucky to have you taking such good care of her. Those cherries and arspberries look delicious!

GLOGIRLY said...

YUM!!!
Glogirly says if we had a cherry tree like that, Gloman would be up a tree!!!
: )

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

The fruits of your labours look delicious Jonesie.

Saku said...

Our mom and bean sisfur lubs berries and those look furry yummy!

We'd rather have stinky goodness, MOL!

Sasha, Sami, & Saku

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Oh wow! Razzberries AND Cherries? You did great Cory!!!

Anonymous said...

YUMS! Those berries look so good! You're quite the garden grower, Jonesie! And so handsome on your bench under the arbor too! Purrs...

Donna said...

I like food. U are good at growing stuff. :)

Just Ducky said...

RAZZBERRIES!

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

We saw the raspberries blow a raspberry at you first, so they definitely deserved you blowing a raspberry at them.