Thursday, January 24, 2013

Society of Feline Gardeners- Thursday in the Garden with Jonesie



::Meowwww::

Welcome back my furriends!  It's still not great weather here in my neck of the woods.  No great photos of my shivvering in my paws as I stomp around in the cold rain and mud. It's not cold enough to snow when it rains and when it's cold enough to snow it's dry.  

So that got me thinking.  Maybe I need to think about this past summer when I was out on my deck on my garden chair.

purrrrrrrrrrrr

And then I got to thinking about my furriends on the other side of the world...where it's summer.  Fui, Suey, Lishy, Mr. Puddy, Teddy...all of them enjoying nice warm summer weather. 

My mom and dad got to visit Melbourne Australia last November.  I pawed through their photos and found lots of gardens!  I can't believe I didn't get to go with them.  I would have LOVED it!

This garden was in St. Kilda, near an amusement park and the beach. 

It was not what they planned on seeing but mom made sure to take photos since she knew I'd want to see it.

I love all the fun garden structures.  I'm hoping that dad will build me something like this.

What mom and dad really wanted to see was this....

Well, at least mom did.  Can you believe they did not ride the roller coaster?

They are no fun at all.

They did go visit a HUGE amazing garden and I'll show those photos to you in the coming weeks.

21 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I don't blame your humans for not riding the roller coaster - I don't think I would have liked it either! The car is bad enough.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Wow. My human totally would have gone. She's weird. But I would like to see the gardens.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

It allus Summer SOMEWHERE!

Mr Puddy said...

Luna Park !!!! That was my human sis's favourite place when she was little : )
And not far from there, it's the place dad and mom met....OMC !
I didn't know your mom has been here, and I'm so glad your mom love it.
And thanks Jonesie to mention me : )
xoxo

Ps : my mom didn't get into Roller Coaster neither ; )

da tabbies o trout towne said...

meowloz jonsie...thanx for sharin yur pick sures, de garden iz awesum...can ya imagine how much catnip N catgrass ya could plant in there.... and de giant cat toy ball reeely rocks !!!

Jacqueline said...

Wow, that is a cool place=we bet your parents had fun!...We are purring for lovely Cory to feel better soon...xoxo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

GLOGIRLY said...

OMC! That garden in St. Kilda is amazing!!!!! Love all the cool sculpture and artwork!

...Glogirly loves roller coasters. She's crazy that way. And oh-so-many other ways too.

; ) Katie

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

They should be fired for not taking you to those gardens! All you had to do was teleport to them and all would have wsorked out!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Eeek! You mean people have to walk into the big scary clown's mouth to go on the roller coaster? We wouldn't have done that either, (nor our mum).
The gardens are lovely.

Just Ducky said...

Yeah, in winter it is nice to look back at summer. What we can look forward to in a few months.

The Island Cats said...

It's 15 degress here...we wish we were in that garden right now!

The Island Cats said...

We meant 15 DEGREES!! The mom needs to take a typing refresher class.

Cat Street Boyz said...

Our Mom and Dad have started planning what plants they will add to the gardens. They are looking at garden catalogs......Mom wants flowers, Dad wants food=^Y^=

meowmeowmans said...

Ooh, yeah. We'd like to be in that garden right now, too! 18 degrees ... brrr!

Anonymous said...

YO!! Jonesie gurl furriend! I so hear you...the garden is like, well...gone...only camilias and azaleas are hangin' around...bummer...will report when something is pretty...just sayin...paw pats, Savannah

Unknown said...

Thanks for the lovely garden photos. Our mom would love to have some of the sculptures in our garden. We can't believe that you have nine kitties in your family and doggies too. We are a family of eight with nine kitty angels and two doggie angels (way before our time). We are subscribing to you site and we hope you will come visit us. Purrs and hugs, the kitties at www.thecatonmyhead.com, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Josette

Teddy Westlife said...

My mum is still bummed that she didn't get to meet up with your folks when they visited.

Was it the Botanical Gardens they saw? They are beautiful.

Brian's Home Blog said...

My Dad would have gone on that roller thingy too!!!

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

That garden is lovely, but I bet they don't have a catnip forest nearly as impressive as yours. I do think an entrance like the one to Luna Park might make a pretty cool gate for your backyard garden.

Gigi said...

Hi sweet friends! Sorry it's been so long--Darling Cory, it was LOVELY to see you XOXOXO

Fenris and Family said...

That looks like a really cool place your parents got to visit.