Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Cecilia's Gotchaversary!

0zPdDh on Make A Gif, Animated Gifs
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
 
Oh yeah!  It's my Gotchaversary!  And I'm meowing about it from the tree tops!
 
 
So here's my story.  Sometime around the end of 2007, I found myself alone in the world.  It was a bad year for kitties in our neighborhood.  The housing mess that started in late 2006, was really hitting our area hard in 2007.  Did you know that I was the 3rd kitty to show up in this special yard in 2007?  Yup, it's true.
 
Ginger arrived end of September, Benjamin arrived late October and I arrived at the end of December.  All of us starving and homeless.
 
In "the hood", word gets out about where the food is...where the nip is.  Where the kind hearted souls are.
 
Mom and dad never really set out to have 9 of us kitties, but they were committed to helping all of us who fell on hard times.  Ginger and I are still here.  Benjamin was only with our family for 6 months.  He went to The Bridge in April of 2008, only a bit before Cory started this blog.  We still miss him.
 
Anyway, back to me!   When I arrived, I was hungry and sick.  I had an upper respiratory illness that mom and dad helped me get over.  The plan was to adopt me out...but then I developed asthma, and so I ended up staying here with my family because mom wanted to make sure I was healthy before any adoption could happen.
 
You can see how well that worked out for me!  I don't have asthma anymore either!
 
I have had my share of issues...with Bennette.  We don't like each other.  Mom tried to find me another home earlier this year.  It really was purrfect...except for one thing.
 
It was not MY home.  I did not choose it.
 
I think I should make it clear.   I chose this yard, this home for a reason.  I love it here, even if I don't love Bennette.
 
I spend most of my time with Ginger and Madison, and they are wonderful to me.   Mom let me celebrate my Gotchaversary with a little outdoor time on Saturday.  It was cold but dry.  I only wanted to be out for a wee little bit, but long enough to climb this old tree and meow a bit.
 
Life is good.
 
Happy New Year.  May 2013 bring health and happiness to us all.
 


27 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Happy gotcha day, Cecilia! I think spending some outdoors time is a great way to celebrate... even if I never get to!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Happy Gotcha Day. And I hope that 2013 brings you many wonderful things.

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Happy Gotcha day Cecilia! We're glad you got gotted!
Happy New Year to all of you!

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Cecilia! What a purrfect day to start your new life with your furever family!

Mr Puddy said...

Wow ! Cecilia, You adopted your pawrents on New Year 2007 !!! That's fantastic !

Seriously, We kitties are really smart ! We never ever chose the wrong home because we chose them by our heart. We know well where real love is...and I'm sure you love your pawrents and all kitties even Bennette : )

Happy Gotcha Day Cecilia, and Happy New Year 2013 to you and your big family : )
May Every Single Day of Your New Year Glow With
Pawsome Cheer, Excellent Healthy, & Happiness

❤ You always been loved by Me ❤
xoxo

Puddy Boy

Fuzzy Tales said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Cecilia! And a very happy new year to you all. :-)

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

Happy Gotchaversary, Cecelia! We're so happy you picked such a wonderful home. (That animated GIF is awesome!)

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

We are so glad you are happy in your home, Cecilia, and we wish you many more Gotchaversaries surrounded by your loving family.

Purrs,
The Chans

Barb said...

Happy Gotchaversary, honey pie! You sure picked well!!

And a very Happy New Year to everybuddy!!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Happy Gotcha Day Cecilia!

The Whiskeratti said...

Happy Gotchaversary! You chose extremely well, we must say.

Fenris and Family said...

Happy Gotchaversary Cecilia!!!!! We loved the picture of you meowing the mews.

The Island Cats said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Cecilia! We're so happy you are in such a wonderful home!!

And Happy New Year to you all!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Happy Gotcha Day beautiful Cecilia!!! We wish you all the best for 2013. Happy New Year from all of us at Brian's Home!

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

Happy Gotcha day!

Mickey's Musings said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!
How wonderful to be spending your days in this purrfect home :) We wish you many more Gotcha celebrations too!!!
Purrs Tillie and Georgia,
Treasure,Tiger, JJ and Julie

Saku said...

Happy Gotcha Day Cecelia! We is very happy you've found a furever home where you are healthy and happy (even if you don't like your sisfur!)

Sasha, Sami, & Saku

The Florida Furkids said...

Happy Gotchaversary Cecilia! We think you did a great job picking your family.

Happy New Year!!

The Florida Furkids

Katnip Lounge said...

Happy Gotchaversary Cecilia! You are a smart kitty, choosing such a wonderful home. We say there's nothing wrong with a small quiet life--as long as it's rich in love like yours.
Here's to a happy and healthy 2013!

pee ess: Bennette might want to stop by our blog today...

GLOGIRLY said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Cecilia!!! And Happy New Year too!

We LOVE your cool gif! It's purrfect!
Enjoy your special day sweet girl!

xo,
Katie, Glogoirly & Waffles TOO

Cat said...

Happy gotcha day Cecilia!!! We are so glad you found your way to where the good souls are indeed :-)

We would also like to wish you and your entire family a very happy new year and we hope 2013 is filled with health and joy!!!

love cat and the boys xoxo

meowmeowmans said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Cecilia! We are so glad you were gotcha'd into such a great family.

Happy New Year!

Terri said...

Cecilia, we keep hoping Bennette will change her mind. We're glad you got to have some whiffies outside to start the new year. Happy Gotcha Day!

Quill and Greyson said...

Love your GIF! Happy Gotchaversary to you!! You were lucky and so was your family!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Happy Gotchaversary Cecilia!!

Oui Oui said...

Happy Gotcha Day! You really are a lucky kitty, although it may not have seemed so that December a couple years ago.

When she was young, our mom had an apartment in an old Victorian house and several homeless cats and even a chocolate lab puppy came to her there looking for a home.

Perhaps kindness and love have a special smell that animals recognize and are attracted to. Places they know they will be well cared for, or at least a loving home will be found for them. But then, you knew that, didn't you, Cecilia? Concats!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Celicia! We are glad you found the home you love...