Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday Surprises- Paw it Forward

My dad came home from the post office like he does everyday. I was thinking nothing of it until he said there was a package for us! Meaning, not mom and dad, but us, meaning me and momma and I guess if I have to share...everyone else too! It smelled really interesting. Then I found out it came all the way from Australia!! Whoa! It was from my good pals Fui and Suey! Here I am worrying about them in their kitty hotel and they are thoughtful enough to Paw it Forward!!! Momma wanted to pose by the package too. She said it's good to be patient and enjoy the surprises slowly. Is she kidding me?

There was a really nice card to all of us and pictures of our pals! Look, here is Fui and Suey!!!

My momma Ellie was overcome with emotion as she saw there was a photo of sweet Stella and her kittens Ellie and Angus. Stella thanked my momma for being a good role model for her baby girl Ellie. My momma said she had to kiss the picture.

Then it was time to rip into (I mean gently view) the toys in the box! Grete was first to see that there was a kangaroo for her. It has a squeaker in it and she was over the moon happy! We are calling her Kanga the Roo...and Grete is squeaking it non-stop. Squeaka-squeaka-squeaka...Ha!

Our Grete dog does not like her picture taken inside the house so mom did the best she could...

Then my momma couldn't overcome her shock....Marty Mouse? You teleported over here? What? I thought you were on your trip to all these exciting places and you made a detour over here??
Thanks for making the trip...momma still put the bitey on him!!!! No mercy for Marty!

Oh, and then there were little balls...lots of them...glow in the dark balls and jingle balls. We love balls we can bat around.
Mom put them in our busy box so we'd have fun fishing them out before batting them around.

Oh, and one last shot of Grete. It's blurry, but I think you get the idea...she's a fool for her kangaroo! (yes, on her back, back legs splayed, front paws flying around...squeaka squeaka squeaka...)
Thank you Fui and Suey !!!! and Forever Mom and Dad too!

So now the really fun part. This was all a part of Paw it Forward. It is now our turn to have fun pawing it forward to the next cat or dog blogger.

The guide to Paw it Forward is as follows:"The exchange focuses on doing an act of kindness without expecting anything in return other than that the recipient will, in their turn, pass the kindness along and 'pay it forward' in their own way.This is how it works...I am going to agree to send something fun, inspiring or uplifting to the first blog owner who posts a comment on this entry if you agree to paw it forward too. In turn you will then post about this on your blog, link to me, then send something to the first person who signs up to play along through your blog. There are no cost restraints, BUT don't go crazy! The little something you send can be something you made, bought, were given or found. No biggie, just a gift that will make the person smile. Maybe something unique from where you live? And, remember that kindness does not have to involve money; there are untold ways to help others every single day, everywhere you go - just look around". The rules were changed a little bit. We know that times are tough for a lot of people, and in the past the idea was to paw it forward to 3 bloggers. We are going to paw it forward to one and doing this might make it more playable for people. If you want to play with three people, it is your choice, or if you'd like to play with one or two people, that is also your choice. Keep the fun going and let me know if you want to play!


20 comments:

Shelly said...

I wanna play! I think this is so much fun.

Anonymous said...

What lovely "Paw it forward" presents you had. We have already done "paw it forward" (twice) so we won't join in again at the moment.
Have fun wiv your new toys!

Milo and Alfie xx

Anonymous said...

We loved Grete's squeaka squeaka squeaka! hahaha!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Those were lovely 'Paw it Forward purresents. We laughed at Grete with Kanga going 'squeaka, squeaka, squeaka.'

The Island Cats said...

Wow! What great gifts from "Downunder!" We can almost hear that kangaroo squeak from Grete playing with it so much!

We would love to pay it forward! It sounds like such a good thing and fun too!

The Florida Furkids said...

What a great idea! We're too late to be the first here, but we'll watch other blogs and hopefully get to participate!!


Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Unknown said...

Youz guyz is reely gonnz hab a good timez wif alla' dose fun toyz. We bet youz iz gonna play so hard dat you sleep fur weeks!

Sweet Purrfections said...

That's a wonderful idea! I'm not first, but when I find someone doing this, mom says I can play since everyone is so nice to me! I've already had two of my furriends: Ginger Jasper and Billie, that have sent me something out of the kindness of their hearts! It's a really good feeling.

Forever Foster said...

We are happy to see that it arrived safe and sound, and that the Customs people didn't decide to rip in first! Hahaha:) We loved the picture of Momma Ellie with the photo of baby Ellie- it brought tears to mum's eyes:)

Quill and Greyson said...

Oh that's a great bunch of toys. I wonder if Marty will suddenly teleport?

Jans Funny Farm said...

What fun! Great presents for all of you.

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

That is wonderful, mum says we will watch and play when it comes round again.

Enjoy your lovely toys..


Hugs GJ xx

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

That last picture of Grete is absolutely hilarious! What a wonderful box of gifts you received! Enjoy them all!

Your Friends,
Tommy, Tama-Chan and Sei-Chan

Daisy said...

Fui and Suey are such great kitties! They came up with great presents. How cool to get a kangaroo toy from Australia!

Kat said...

Cory! I do see your brother Nigel, and he appears to be all-black as my own Nigel is!! What a coincidence! And, allow me to say that you and your family are a most attractive group of felines! (notwithstanding the - er - CANINE in your midst!)I have linked your entertaining blog and hope you will consider doing the same for me!
Sincerely, Leia

PDX pride said...

Wow, that's a great assortment of toys! We love the pictures of Grete-doggy; too funny!!!!

Anonymous said...

nice pressies from oz!

Mickey's Musings said...

What a great box of presents!!! Fui & Suey are super kitties :) Something for everyone and Marty Mouse too!!!!! Ellie is having fun,heehee
Purrs Mickey,Georgia & Tillie

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Wow, you got a buncha cool stuffs! We love the paw-in hidey-box!

We tole The Big Thing about it an he is thinkin of ways ta make one for us. We are ecited!

Which of those shapes do ya like ta stick yer paws in the best?

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Great present all the way from my homeland. Isn't it fun to get parcels? Our postman is quite used to it now but he stared and stared the first time a parcel arrived with my name on it.