Monday, June 11, 2012

Cory Announces CatOlympics Event!


Hi there everyone!  I wonder how many of you were around when we last held the CatOlymic events a couple of years ago?  Well you are in for a ton of fun!  My furriend Huffle Mawson is getting us all off to a good start.  Please click the link to to her blog and she'll give you all the scoop.  What you need to know from us is that we'll be hosting the Balance Beam competition!  

I don't have photos of winning entries from the last event, but we've got a few ideas for preparing and training for this world class competition.


Points will be awarded for style and degree of difficulty.  Below, Jonesie demonstrates how to start training on a wide beam that is close to the ground.


Below, Cecilia demonstrates how she has tried the narrow strip of wood around the garden bed.  It's close to the ground but very difficult to walk on.  See how she uses the soft dirt to cushion her fall.

Safety first my pals!


Figaro attempts and fails at the brick border.  Notice the soft grass is not far from his paws!  Soon he will attempt more difficult apparatus.


Jonesie and Cecilia work together to improve their skills.


So there you have it, lots of ideas on how to train.  You can use indoor or outdoor balance beams.

Here are the rules to enter:

You must submit your entry to me no later than Friday 13th July (whatever time zone you're in).
  1. You must email me your picture, together with the name of the cat/dog competing AND a link to your blog by sending it to corycatblogATgmailDOTcom
  2. Competing in this event means that you are giving me permission to use your picture for the Cat-O-Lympics 2012.
  3. Entry is open to all cats and dogs. You do not need to have a blog to enter.
  4. Cory has not yet decided how the winner will be determined however since gymnastics are typically a judged event, we will likely use a poll on the blog so readers can vote.
  5. Prizes will be the pride  you have in knowing that the CatBlogsphere knows how awesome you are!
Oh yeah, and you need to be balancing on something!


22 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Although the house we live in now blows doors on the cruddy old house we used to live in, I do have to say the old place had a really awesome balance beam! It was the upstairs bannister and my human even trained Binga and me to walk on it. This house has a short, metal bannister just a couple of inches wide and I don't know if our game is on enough to risk it!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I do wish that I had places to walk as a balance beam. Oh wait, perhaps I do... hmm...

Pasha's Mommy said...

We're praticing already. I can balance on the ESS, but will try to take it to the next level for the competitions :)

The Furries of Whisppy said...

Sounds like there's going to be some tough competition. We'll have to bump up our training!

Angel Simba said...

Thanks for the great training tips!

Teddy Westlife said...

This is going to be the most awesome Olympics EVER!

The Island Cats said...

We're in training...we gotta win this year!!

We'll be hosting the Sychronized Snoozing event again this year.

The Florida Furkids said...

We're excited about the Cat-O-Lympics! We're hosting Smackdown!!

The Florida Furkids and Lexi

Keith Andrea said...

.,These sounds a great training tips.,thanks for sharing

Dog Fence
Pet Solutions.com

Hannah and Lucy said...

We have both decided we would like to enter the Olympics for the balance beam - can we both enter or just one of us?
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Fuzzy Tales said...

We WERE around in 2010 and it was great fun! We don't think we have any pics to enter this competition with, but even if we don't, it'll be fab to see everyone else's entries!

Cat said...

Oh my gosh we are so excited about the cat-o-lympics!!!! We will definitely be participating :-)

Callie (a.k.a. Trouble) said...

We are excited about the CatOlymics this year also. We are hosting the Best Nip/Silvervine Bliss Out Event.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

As soon as #1 gets back, we are going to start looking through our photos for suitable entries!

Purrs,
The Chans

Katnip Lounge said...

hmmmmm, we think we *might* have a few crazypants balancing photos...heh heh...we're putting our event up tomorrow--COUNTER SURFING!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We are lookin around the house fer good place ta show off our balance skills!

Quill and Greyson said...

Excellent work there all of you! This is going to be fun!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We had fun last time so we will have to train hard to see what we will enter this year.

Laura and Taffeta Rose said...

Hmmm . . .well, maybe the top of the wall around the loft upstairs or the very narrow window ledge might work. But we gotta get my lazy woman to put new batteries in the camera. Woman!!!

Taffy & my woman, Laura

Unknown said...

Me is hosting the High Jump! me don't jump much any more but me is looking forward to trying out for the balance beam!
Kisses
Nellie

Gigi said...

Well, I myself am not very athletic, but I do think maybe I could enter the napping contest. I'm pretty good at that.

Oskar said...

Hi Cory, my name is Oskar! I'm hosting some Olympic events too & I don't have you listed on my blog as hosting an event! I'm off to add you to the list.

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar