Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving my garden furriends!   Today is not officially a meeting of the Society of Feline Gardeners.  In honor of the holiday we are taking a day off.  I've even asked Mr. Linky to take the day off.   I hope all of you kitties are at home enjoying a feast with your family.

I have so much to be thankful for.

I'm thankful for my family, who saved my life almost 10 years ago when they found me...near death in the garden.  At the time I could only hope and pray that someone would love me.  I never dared to think the lovely garden where I was found would one day be mine.

I am thankful that my garden is beautiful no matter what time of year it is.  Even when it gets cold and soggy, there are beautiful colors and interesting things everywhere.

I'm thankful for my fur siblings who each are special and have their own rescue stories to tell.   I'm especially thankful for my woofie Grete who adores me and protects me.


I'm thankful that I have the most wonderful mom and dad who understand me and love me.  I am thankful for the wonderful food I get to eat.  I know it may sound crazy...but I'm thankful for my wonderful v-e-t who helps me stay healthy and makes sure I get medicine when I'm sick.

I'm thankful for my garden beds that provide food for my family and double as a claw sharpener.

I'm thankful for all of my CB furriends.  I'm thankful for Alfie Marshall, Vice Purresident of the Society of Feline Gardeners and my bested furriend.

What are you thankful for?

26 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gemini and Ichiro said...

Nah I can do better than fishy flakes! I am thankful for friends like you!!!!

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

I am thankful for my warm home and furriends like you!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

You have so much to be thankful for, Jonesie! I suppose I do too, although I am holding out for turkey first.

Ellen Whyte said...

We're thankful to know you!

Happy turkey day to all of you; may your bowls be overflowing.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

We are thankful to have you and your wonderful family as friends, and we are thankful for our lives filled with love.

Cat with a Garden said...

Wonderful Thanksgiving post, Jonesie. There are so many things to be thankful for and it's good to look closely and ackknowledge them.

Mariodacat said...

And we are very thankful to have gotten to know you and your family.

Fuzzy Tales said...

Jonesie, that was a wonderful, thankful post.

We have much to be thankful for as well...and we wish you all a wonderful celebration!

The Island Cats said...

Jonesie, those are great things to be thankful for! We are thankful that we can call all of you furiends. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Jacqueline said...

Happy Thanksgiving, precious friends...We are very grateful for your presence in our lives...xoxo...J, Calle, Halle, Sukki

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

what a wonderful post. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving

CCL Wendy said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! We're thankful we have furiends like you.

Unknown said...

★ ° . ..☾°☆.*●¸.★°:.•○°★.*..°.●.°°☆¸.●.★ ★°☾ ¸. ¸★:.. •○°★.*..¸ .°¸.*●¸.°°¸.●¸.★°:..•°.*:..*¸ . ●¸★★°★.♥.°☆.●¸.★°.•○°★.♥*.☾°¸* ●¸°°☆.*¸. ★Sprinkling you with Peace, Love, & Happiness! ★°..♥*.☾°☆.*●¸.★°:..•○°★.*♥.°.● .♥*°☾°☆¸.●.*★♥★°☾☆¸.¸★:..•○°★.*..*¸ .♥°¸.*●¸.°☾°¸.●¸.★°:..•°.*:..¸.●¸★★..°☆

Whisppy said...

We are thankful for furriends like you! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Jackie said...

We are thankful for our pawrents, our home and garden and each other. Happy Thanksgiving and many meows from Calli Patch-Pelt, Rappy and Jetikins in the UK.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Cat said...

Very much indeed to be grateful for Jonesie :-) Happy Thanksgiving friends!!!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. Those red leaves are a beautiful colour.

Terri said...

We is happy our human rescued us from the no kill shelter. We were both hard to adopt kitties. Our human loves us very much.

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

Those are wonderful things to be thankful for.We are thankful for friends like you. We wish you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving!

Just Ducky said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Mum and Virginger said they are done with yard work, so they won't be over to help you with your leaves!

meowmeowmans said...

And we are thankful for YOU and your family, Jonesie. :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Teddy Westlife said...

Happy thanksgiving to all of you!

Forever Foster said...

We are thankful for your friendship, for our family, and for the progress that the no kill philosophy is making here and around the world to make sure that all the homeless animals get the very best chance that they can.

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

Hi Jonesie, sorry I'm late over, mom has been out and about.
I am thankful you were adopted by your loving fambly AND I'm thnkful you're my bestest friend.
AND I LOVE your new header!!!!

Love Alfie xx