Tuesday, August 7, 2018

My Final Goodbye

Hi there furriends.   I think some of you may have already heard that I went to the Rainbow Bridge on Sunday August 5th. It was a bit sudden.   I seemed pretty darn normal for a 12 year old girl, then mom noticed I wasn't eating Friday morning.   She took me right in to the doctor and they ran tests.  When the doctor wanted to make an appt to discuss my results, we knew it wasn't good.   I was diagnosed with lymphoma and my red cells were so low there was no coming back from that.  Within 2 days I was crossing over.   

So, you may also know that I haven't been posting for a very long time.   I wanted to come back and say goodbye.   Mom says that the blog will not continue (it will be left up!) without me.

For those of you who don't remember how this all started, I'll go back.   When I was very young I used to sit on dad's computer.   I figured out how to open Notepad and type out words stuff on my own.   My mom quickly figured out that I had important stuff to say so she helped me start my blog.



I came to my home when I was a tiny kitten.  My momma Ellie and I were rescued in Tillamook Oregon by the nice people with United Paws of Tillamook.  This was me on my first day home, climbing Mount Foot.


I loved my momma Ellie more than anything in the world, except for maybe nursing.   I nursed until I was almost 5 months old!


My momma Ellie and I were so close.


My mom told me that I was very photogenic so with my writing and mom's photography the blog took off.  I made so many friends over the years and had such great adventures.


I love to sing.  Mostly to socks.   Mom and dad tried to get a recording of me, leaving a microphone out with socks placed nearby.   I didn't fall for it but the microphone was very tasty.   Mom did finally get a recording of me and it was posted on my blog on the post called Films on Friday


In addition to singing, I adored cheese.  Specifically Tillamook Extra Sharp Cheddar.   


My love for cheese inspired me to borrow hijack the Tillamook Cheese Bus and fly around the world in search of cheese with my boyfriend Whitey.  This is mom's favorite picture from that adventure when we were in Whiskersconsin.  The adventure, covered over a week's worth of posts starts with the Cory's Big Adventure post.


After Whitey went to the Rainbow Bridge, I found love again with Alfie.  When his family moved from Sidmouth to the Cotswolds, I again borrowed hijacked the Tillamook Cheese bus to help him move.


Sigh, such great adventures.  I had such a wonderful life.

I want you to know that I had a great last few weeks and months.  Here I am, still enjoying my dad's thick and wonderful socks.  They were always my favorite.


This picture was taken just a week before mom knew I was sick.


Momma Ellie and I still snuggling and enjoying life.


This picture below was taken 1 day before I left.   I was always forbidden to go in the front yard.  I was always so curious about it.   Mom let me go and explore.  I was a bit wobbly, but she stayed right with me.   I was too tired to stay out long but it was awesome.


And so it comes to this.  This was my last morning.  I was pretty weak and didn't move around much.  My momma Ellie washed me.  I went to the Rainbow Bridge with my ears freshly scrubbed with love.


So goodbye everyone, it's been awesome!  My blog will remain a comfort to my family as they remember the good times.  I hope my story and adventures brought you happiness.


32 comments:

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

May you have a safe journey to the Bridge, Cory... Our Best Purrs of Comfort to those you leave behind.

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I'm so sorry to see you go, Cory. I didn't get to know you very well because you had slowed down on blogging by the time I came around. I loved watching the video of you with the sock - that is just like Boodie with her toys.

I'm sending lots and lots of purrs to your family. <3

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Sweet Cory, we are still in shock over this news, as we know all your family must be. We have so enjoyed being your friends over the years. We remember it all. The sock songs, the cheese, the adventures and your romances. We smile at the thought that you are reunited with wonderful, wonderful (G)Whitey. We are sorry it was so sudden that there was barely time to say goodbyes, but glad you got to explore the outside and were able to leave freshly washed, and with so much love around you. We will look out for an extra bright star in the sky. Sending purrs and much love to your family, and especially to your Mama, Ellie.

Big Purrs, gentle woofs and soft neighs,
Tama, Beebs, Genji, Tommy, Vidock and Violette

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am so sorry you had to leave so suddenly for the Bridge. Even though you didn't post often in latter years you will never be forgotten but remembered with love. I know you will become reacquainted with many old friends, Eric and Flynn amongst them, and of course, Whitey.
My love goes to your family

Kea said...

Oh, Cory, we're bawling reading this. We're so sorry you had to go to the Bridge, and so unexpectedly. Our purrs and purrayers to your family, and Godspeed to you. ��

Brian's Home Blog said...

It sure makes us sad that you had to leave sweet Cory, but you touched so many hearts and brought so many smile with you where ever you went. Thanks for sharing all those fun times with us, those memories will always be special. Love and hugs sweet girl.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

We will miss you so very much Cory. Your bio reminds us of how much we have all shared as cat bloggers and the time that has passed. All those memories--the sock songs and the cheese and the Tillamook cheese bus. Whenever Mama passed that way, she thought of you. Purrs to you across the bridge and to Ellie, who will no doubt miss her baby girl as much as your human mama does.

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

One of the most heart breaking goodbyes we've had to make. We will always love and miss you beloved Cory. RIP sweet princess. We so enjoyed sharing your life.

All my Love, Alfie … and Milo, Jan and Peter. xxxx

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

We were sad and sorry when we saw the news over the weekend about the nasty 'l' -

Thanks fur sharing your story and LOVE and cheese and LOVE and laughs and LOVE with us!

Mom says we have some Tillamook mozzarella in the frig - and we'll have some to celebrate YOU!

We do ask that Grete pass along some WOOFIE love to your furamily!

Hugz&Khysses&LittlePinkSokhks!

Khyra&Holly&Khousin Emmy

Just Ducky said...

Sorry to see you go Cory, you were a fine kit for your beans. They will miss you furrever. Mum will go and look for some Tillamook cheddar cheese to consume in your honor.

Have fun at The Bridge with the rest of the gang and purrs to your humans.

Unknown said...

Lynn and I are SO sad - I am teary as I read the blog. Such a good puss.

Bob Barber said...

Very sorry for your loss. Cats are good at hiding whatever troubles them. They don't complain. We find out at the last minute. Our deepest sympathy.

Unknown said...

A lovely tribute for your darling girl...I'm so sorry precious Cory had to leave for the Bridge, she will be missed by so many in the CB who loved her and enjoyed her fun adventures...Wishing your family comfort at this time of deep sorrow...Sending love, hugs and purrs, extra for sweet Ellie...XO...Jacqueline, Calle, Halle, Sukki, Mommy Cat

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Cory we are so sorry you had to pack and leave for the bridge. You will be greatly missed by all of those who love you dearly. Although it doesn't ease the painful aches of loss, you had a great life filled with much love, much love. May the beautiful memories help soften the broken hearts and fill them with all of those good days. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family as they find their way now down a new normal.

Random Felines said...

we are so very sorry....saying goodbye is never easy

Teddy Westlife said...

I just know that Huffle Mawson was up there to meet you Cory.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I'm so incredibly sorry that you had to leave for the Bridge so quickly, Cory. I hope you get to catch up with my sweet girls there. I know they would love to meet you. Sending gentle purrs of comfort and love to your family as they grieve.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Oh Cory your stories and adventures brought us so much happiness. We will miss you.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

💔😢 purrs....

The Island Cats said...

Cory, you were one of our first blogging friends. We always enjoyed visiting you and your family and see what you were up to. We’re sorry you had to run off to the Bridge. We’ll miss you. We send lots of purrs to your family who we know are very sad that you are gone.

Forever Foster said...

You brought a lot of happiness, sweetheart. We are so sorry that you had to leave, but we know that Fui would have been there to greet you. We send lots of love to your family.
Until we are all together again, Suey and Lishy xo

Helen said...

We loved you very much Cory. 💔

The Florida Furkids said...

We're so sad that you had to leave for the Bridge. We remember all those fun adventures! We will miss you a lot and are purring and praying for your family (especially Ellie)

The Florida Furkids and Mom Sharon

pilch92 said...

Rest in Peace sweet Cory. XO

GLOGIRLY said...

Sweet Cory, you were one of the very first blogging kitties we met! Even though we've been out of touch, we still think of socks and cheddar cheese whenever we hear your name. We're so very sorry you became ill and had to leave your family. How incredibly sweet that your momma Ellie made sure your ears were squeaky clean. You'll remain in our hearts forever.

Love,
Glogirly, Katie & Waffles

catladymac said...

Thank you for posting this goodbye- We didn't know about your blog til we read about your journey the other day. We hope you and Whitey are together again and running free. We just wanted to let your Mom & fursibs know we wish we'd met you sooner and wish peace to all who love you !

meowmeowmans said...

We are so sorry that you were needed so suddenly at the Bridge, sweet Cory. Thank you for being our friend, and for bringing so much joy to so many of us. We will love and miss you always.

Gentle purrs and prayers and all good thoughts to your family,

XOXO

Kevin (meowmeowmans), Tracey, Gracie and Ava

Shelly said...

Awww....Cory, I'm heartbroken to hear that you passed! I started reading your blog years ago when I had a houseful of cats myself. Thank you for sharing your adventures with us. You will be missed. Please say hello to my fur babies that have passed, especially Coal and Ginger. Until we meet again, Shelly.

Jans Funny Farm said...

Cory, we loved your blog and it saddens us to think of your mom Ellie without you now. You left behind those who love you dearly and miss you terribly! You will be missed by many! Hugs to your human mom!

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

sending deep rumbly purrs of comfort and condolence for all who have loved you and who will miss your physical presence.

Cat with a Garden said...

Sweet, Cory-pie, we are so touched by your good-byes. We love you loads and you will always remain in our heaet! Many, many, many purrs to your family and Momma Ellie.
Siena & Chilli