Thursday, August 28, 2014

Society of Feline Gardeners- Thursday in the Garden with Jonesie



 
::Meowwww::
 
Welcome back to my garden!   There is lots of good stuff to eat and I'm feeling the satisfaction of feeding my family.   We have corn and beets and carrots....oh so much!  We even have extra goodies to share with the neighbors.  I am so proud.

 
I still try to get the others to help me but it's an uphill battle.  Ginger and Cecilia mostly like to hang out and watch me do the gardening.

 
As promised yesterday, here are my pinot noir grapes.  I have caught my mom sneaking bites.  She said they are delicious but I'm putting my paw down and telling her to save them for our first batch of experimental wine.  With me purring over the process, it will turn out fine.

 
Here is a glimpse of our fennel.   I've seen mom and dad eating it in salads.  I have no interest but as long as they are happy, I purrrr.



12 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh your fennel looks lovely! Ours didn't do quite as well. And we can't wait to hear about the wine!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

My human thinks fennel is almost too pretty to eat!

Karen Jo said...

You are a very talented gardener, Cory. We are proud of you. Let us know how the wine turns out.

Spyro and the Gang

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

What you can harvest looks really good !
My mom-person would eat all thoose grapes since she doesn´t like wine :)


littleRamstudio said...

All looks purrfect :)

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

you are such a task master..

pilch92 said...

You should be proud, that is a fine garden.

The Island Cats said...

What a bounty! You did real good this year, Jonesie.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Your grapes look lovely Jonesie and should make delicious wine.

Marilia said...

Jonesie, your grapes are so, so beautiful!
Perfect place!

Sasha said...

what a beautiful garden. I wonder if it is a lot of hard work. Cats do best at supervision of work, I find. And inspection of the finished result.

Kitties Blue said...

Those grapes look mighty good. Our humans have lots of herbs including the fennel, but we have never seen them use it. All we care about is our nip plant. XO, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo