Sunday, August 24, 2014

Mitten Memories- Remembering Sparkle

 
My good furriend and inspiration, Sparkle, has left this world.  She had been struggling with illness for awhile and we knew her time was limited.  That does not lessen the pain for her furriends or family.  We will miss her.
 
When I was a young whippersnapper, just dreaming about a blog, I used to sit on my Dad's computer. When he didn't have papers on the top of it, I would sit directly on the keys.  I would open up typepad on my own and type out messages.  These messages were unreadable to my humans, but this was the beginning of my creative outlet.  
 
When my mom decided to channel my writing potential, we looked to other cat bloggers for help and inspiration.   Sparkle was amazing.  She dished advice and I learned so much from her and her blog.
 
Thank you Sparkle, for everything.




9 comments:

meowmeowmans said...

What a wonderful tribute to Sparkle. She will be loved and remembered forever.

Katnip Lounge said...

Sweet, and perfect.

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

My new human wants to thank you for your lovely words regarding Sparkle. She still misses her lots.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

We miss her too.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

That is a very lovely tribute, Cory. We will all miss Sparkle so much.

Purrs,
The Chans

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is a lovely tribute Cory. I miss Sparkle too.

pilch92 said...

Nice tribute to a kitty that touched everyone's heart.

The Island Cats said...

Sparkle inspired so many of us. She will be missed.

Anonymous said...

A brilliant tribute, Sparkle will be missed!