Thursday, July 24, 2014

Society of Feline Gardeners- Thursday in the Garden with Jonesie




::Meowwww::
 
Welcome back to my garden!  I know it's been far too long since we've met.  I admit that I've been working less hours in the garden.  As I get older, I don't jump out of bed at the crack of dawn and ask to be let out.   I start my days later and come in the house earlier.  
 
As you can see, dad has been hard at work picking up the yard clippings just like I asked him.
 
 
The bees are happy and doing their work in my herb garden.  They love the oregano blossoms.

 
Did you know that we are growing wine grapes?  After years of trying we may just get enough to try and make wine.   

Dad has been learning more about how to care for them and I think it's working.  Of course everything works better when I sit by and purr.  We have pinot noir, pinot gris and chardonnay.
 
 
Ah yes, the first carrots of the year!

 
A garden cat's work is never done.


11 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Well that's very exciting stuff going on in your yard--especially the wine grapes!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

One of the houses a couple of blocks away from ours has a fence that used to be covered with wine grapes! I think it has been too dry the past couple of years for them, though. :-(

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Jonesie, we think it is just fine for you to take time to smell the roses rather than grow them!

Good luck with the grapes and wine-making!

Purrs,
The Chans

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Those are Mommy's favorite wines.

Mariodacat said...

I think I saw your first carrot of the season. The greens on top look extra yummy.

Terri said...

We're quite sure your purring made the grapes very happy! We hope to hear about the wine making :)

Kitties Blue said...

What a meowvolous garden. Wine making is quite an intricate project. Hope that works out. You look extremely happy in your lovely yard. XO, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

What a fantastic garden! OH the grapes!!!

The Island Cats said...

Your garden is coming along great this year, Jonesie...obviously because of all your good work.

Anonymous said...

Wow you have been busy, I love that you have grapes to try and grow your own wine!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Excellent snoopervising! We are inspired.