Monday, July 7, 2014

Mitten Monday


 
We've been having a busy and exciting summer here at Casa de Cory.   Unfortunately that means mom isn't always available to take my photo and help be my secretary.
 
First she went off to "play"...really?  Why can't she just play with me?
 
Then we had some serious drama.   Our gas range went haywire!   The thermostatomagigamathingie broke and mom thought the oven turned itself off...but NO!  It went on full blast.
 
Our house filled with smoke!  The smoke detectors went off, then our fire alarm went off...Grete was barking her head off (for the record it did not help)...and the chick-hen that was baking in the oven....well the dish it was baking in shattered!   You know what that means.   I didn't get to eat the chick-hen.   Luckily my daddy is smart and he shut off the gas.  Whoa.
 
Then the nice firemen came...
 
You know I can meow about it now.  I was SO freaked out that I made myself REALLY small.
 
Mom couldn't find me until after it was all over and we were all safe (except for the chick-hen).
 
Whew!   All us kitties and Grete are safe.  Mom and dad are safe...the house is safe.
 
But the gas range?   Not so much.   We will be getting a new one soon.
 

15 comments:

Cheysuli and gemini said...

Oh no! How scary for everyone involved! We are glad you are all okay. What a nightmare.

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

That whole stove thing sounds like it was more scary than fireworks! My human would have been as freaked out as you, Cory!

Tom, Tama-Chan, Sei-Chan, Bibi-Chan, Gen-Chan, Vidock, Violette said...

That sounds absolutely terrifying, Cory. We are so glad that everyone is safe.

Soothing Purrs,
The Chans

Sometimes, Cats Herd You said...

Holy cats, how frightening! We're glad that it turned out okay (well, for everyone except the chicken and the baking dish). You have reminded the head peep to trim back the vines that grow over and obscure the gas shut-off valve at our house.

The Whiskeratti said...

Oh my Ceiling Cat, how awful!! We are glad everything is ok now. We would have been freaking out too.

The Island Cats said...

Wow! And we thought the 4th of July fire-boomers were bad! We freak out when the fire alarm thing goes off so we can only imagine how you all felt. We're glad you're okay.

Fuzzy Tales said...

Yikes! That's way too much "adventure", we're glad you're all safe (except for the chick-hen). Very, very scary!

Flynn said...

That sounds very scary. I am glad you are all safe.

Quill and Greyson said...

Wow! That has been pretty dramatic!! or traumatic!!

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

How scary! We're very glad you're all safe.

Terri said...

That is so frightening! Too bad about the chick-hen, but we're quite sure your mommy will love a new stove. Mommies are like that ;-)

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

OMC! We had our oven burn up too 2 years ago. We hope it went better fer you than fer us.

The Florida Furkids said...

YIKES that had to be very scary!!!

The Florida Furkids

harringtonspetfood said...

That sounds very scary - I'm so glad to hear you are all safe though!

Jobi Harris said...

That is way too much excitement! We are so happy no one got hurt or blown up. You were smart to make yourself small.