Monday, November 16, 2015

Mancat Monday Memories


Hello dear furriends.   This is my last goodbye from The Bridge.

I had a nice long run here with my family and I made such good friends around the world.   All of your messages of comfort have been very helpful to my family.

I started out life as a baby kitten, born to a feral momma.  I was the sole survivor of my litter.  My momma kitty, Beacon, passed away when I was only 4 months old.   The lovely humans who raised me from day 1 are friends of my mom and dad.   That's how I found my forever family.  My original name was Grady.  Mom and dad changed it to Madison.


My daddy cat wasn't feral, so I grew up being a cross between and laid back kitty and a feral one.   In my early years, I would act all normal, like the picture above...or I'd totally freak out and hide over nothing at all.   This earned me the nickname Fearless Freep.   I totally lost my feral streak later in life.

One of my secrets is that I was almost never called Madison.   I had a series of nicknames over the course of my life because no one name really captured me.


There was a time early on in my mancathood where I got to be VERY big.  Like 18 pounds of me.  My head looked little on my body.  This earned me the nickname Akebono, after a famous sumo wrestler.   For most of my adult life I was about 16 pounds.   

I was always the first at the food dish.  Even in my old age, I was always first to dive in to the Fancy Feast.


I loved my Cecilia!   We have shared a special relationship and I know she will miss me terribly.


I had such fun with my blogosphere furriends.   I have special memories of the time we all got together in the Wienermobile and traveled to Porkopolis.  You can see me with my furriends and also Ellie, Nigel, Ginger and Cecilia who joined me for the fun.


While we were traveling, I wandered away from the group and got a tattoo!


I loved being in my garden.   I loved sleeping in the bushes on warm sunny days and hanging out on the deck, sometimes forgetting to put my tongue back in my mouth.


As I got older, I became deaf and I could only go in the garden when supervised.   Mom and dad are comforted by my July post where I was able to be out in the garden.   It was only in the last couple of months that I was totally restricted inside.  I never missed a meal.  Even though I was very sick in the end, I didn't pass up chicken baby food.  

Thank you all for being my furriends.  I will see you all again at The Bridge!


27 comments:

Mickey's Musings said...

Madison, we are happy you got to live a long and happy life.
You had a great home and fun adventures.
We are sorry you had to go to the Bridge, but we all go sooner or later.
We send comforting purrs to the rest of your family as we know they are missing you a lot!
Purrs Georgia and Julie,
Treasure and JJ

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Farewell, Madison... til we meet again.

Fuzzy Tales said...

That was a lovely goodbye-for-now post, Madison. May you be eating as much as you want now, and not gaining an ounce!

Purrs and peace.

Cats Herd You said...

What a beautiful, loving goodbye. Purrs of comfort for your family, Madison.

The Whiskeratti said...

Thank you for the memories, dear furrriend.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Such lovely memories Dear Madison. We will not forget you--and purrs to your Mama and Papa as they learn to live without you-

Brian's Home Blog said...

Dear friend, you were and always will be most special.

The Island Cats said...

Madison, you sure did have a long and happy life. But we'll miss you...and we'll never forget you. Purrs to your family.

pilch92 said...

Goodbye sweet Madison. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Goodbye for now Madison, you will be greatly missed. I am sorry you had to go to the Bridge, but I know you are meeting up with many of your old friends again. My purrs go to your family.

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaw Madison dat was so very sweet. Weez sowry we didn't meet you afur now. Be blest.

Luv ya'

Dezi and Lexi

Kitties Blue said...

RIP, Madison. You were a super handsome man cat with a loving home. We know you have met up with any friends at the RB. Thanks for sharing these photos and memories. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

The Florida Furkids said...

Fly free sweet Madison. We will miss you...you were a pawsome ManCat and were loved by many.
The Florida Furkids

Saku said...

We is so sorry to hear that you had to leave for the Bridge Madison. We is happy you and your family have so many happy memories to hold close. We knows you will be missed.

Sasha, Sami, & Saku

Jans Funny Farm said...

What a long, happy life you lived and you are missed by your family and friends, Madison!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Our purrs to Madison of the names that never fit... We love that you had a long happy life. Bridge and happiness...

Katnip Lounge said...

Madison, we know you'll be missed--and all your many names--by all of us.

Until we meet again... xx

meowmeowmans said...

Dear Madison, we will love and miss you always, until the day we see you again. Fly free, sweet pal.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Hi Buddy! With #1 being away, we are a little late reading your beautiful post and commenting. If quality is the best indicator of a life well-lived, you certain;y lucked out! You have one of the nicest families we know, and we know how much they will miss you, starting of course with Cecilia.

#1 laughed an laughed when she read your nickname at one time had been Akebono. She remembers him well...

Say hi to all our friends at the Bridge, Madison.

Until we meet again,
The Chans (also Tommy and the Vs)

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

We wish every cat could live such a long, happy life surrounded by love. You will be greatly missed. We send lots of comforting hugs and purrs to your family, and some extra hugs for Cecelia.

Purrfect Haven said...

Dear, Beautiful, gentle Madison - we adore you - see you sometime ..
Love Helen, Darcy and Bingley xxxx

The Whiskeratti said...

We wanted to wish your family a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.

caspersmom said...

Madison you have lived in a very wonderful home and sounds like you had the best of everything. I know everyone around you will miss you very much. My Purrs, hugs and Prayers are with your humans. God Bless.

Love,
Cleopatra and Mom

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

Dearest Madison... We will miss you so much... I wish you were here For Christmas.

Purrz and Prayers
Katie Kat.

TimberLove said...

Gentle wooooos, godspeed kitteh,

NukNuk & Family

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Madison, we are sorry we are just now seeing this post. We didn't know about all your nicknames. We are sending comforting purrs to your family because we know they still miss you. Holidays are hard when loved ones aren't there to share them with us.

We stopped by to wish Cecilia a Happy Gotcha Day!!!

Savannah's Paw Tracks said...

Madison, I missed your departure to The Bridge. I am so sorry I wasn't her to send you off. I also miss seeing your family blog in my email and so hope your human will start to,post and let use know how Jonesie's garden is growing and let his know who many baths Cory's Mom is giving him. Please come back with a family update. Hope Grete is well. Paw pas, Savannah