Hey there! We were asked by the nice people at Mr. Chewy.com to try out their website and let them and the world know what we think. How cool is that? www.mrchewy.com is an online pet food retailer offering more than 70 brands of pet food, treats and supplies. Since food was involved, we encouraged mom to agree. She went online and found one of the foods we eat, Wellness Grain Free Chicken. Mom ordered and we waited.
We ended up waiting quite awhile. Mom put in our order on a Sunday and we promptly got an email confirmation of our order and letting us know it shipped. We were provided a tracking number. When mom checked out the tracking it said the package would arrive on Friday, but it did not arrive until Saturday.
When it arrived, it was well packed. We particularly loved the paper inside, but we're cats...what do you expect?
The cans were in purrfect condition.
Yup, that's our stuff! Mom was particularly pleased to see such a good selection of high quality foods.
We of course loved the box.
Here's our opinion:
1. Delivery for us was slow. We think this is because the shipment came from Pennsylvania and we live in Oregon, so the food was traveling a long way. Not a big surprise that it took more time than our east coast furriends have experienced.
2. Price- for the Wellness canned food, the prices were VERY comparable to our local well priced store. We typically also buy the large cans of Tiki cat but since Mr. Chewy didn't have it (only the small cans) we couldn't compare the price on that.
3. Selection- We all thought that there was lots of wonderful foods to choose from, all the good brands that we would want. Our only issue was that mom will only buy us the large cans of everything. They had the large cans of Wellness Cat food, but did not have the large cans of Tiki. We meowed this to their representative and we will purr that it gets added to the website soon.
4. Convenience- When mom ordered our food, she was getting over being sick. She was thinking how awesome it was that she could get food delivered when she wasn't feeling well enough to go shopping. In addition, if you live in an area where you are not close to a store that stocks your favorite brands of food, getting it shipped to you is a good thing, especially since shipping is free for orders over $49. With 9 of us kitties and a woofie, it's easy to spend over $49.
5. Referral program- This is awesome. They have a referral program and our referral code is:
If you use this code when checking out, you'll get 10% off of your order (first time customers, one per household). But that's not all! For every new furriend that orders Mr. Chewy will donate $10 to a partner animal supporting charity.
So, overall we think Mr. Chewy is pawsome and we thank them for the opportunity to review their website and service.
We did receive our shipment of food in exchange for our meowing our opinions.